VIDEO : KANE CREEK - Moab Easter Jeep Safari Fun Run with EVO

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While most of our time at the 2019 Moab Easter Jeep Safari was spent covering the badass EVO Gladiator pickup truck, by the end of the week, it had to be parked in the arena and put on display for the show. Needless to say, our last day in the promised land would still be spent out on the trail and with our good friends from EVO, only this time, they would be wheeling their Sting Gray SEMA JL Wrangler and iconic Stars & Stripes JL Wrangler that was featured in the 2018 JLX. For our final run, we decided to take on a fun trail that we always enjoy if only for how scenic it is and that would be, Kane Creek. We hope you enjoy.

A BIG THANKS needs to go out to our good friends Tony and Steph and Moochie for joining us on this epic trip to Moab and for helping to make it so much fun. :thumb:

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Kane Creek is one of my favorite trails :thumb:

Still running the 3.5" Rancho lift?

As a matter of fact, yes and I should note, the springs have settled quite a bit since first installing them and they are now providing a true 3.5" of lift. :yup:

Onlyone

Awesome video! Thank you for posting it Eddie. Hamburger hill is getting kinda rough it looks like. I ran it during 2016 EJS in my 2dr JKR and it was getting rutted then. In 2014 I ran it in my JK Sport and I went left and it wasn’t near as bad. Looks like you had beautiful weather! :thumb:

Last edited:

Piginajeep

You really captured every part of Kane creek that’s gives pucker factor. I have some sweaty palms.

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1989 YJ Sahara
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

JAGS

Awesome vid as always. You’ve been surrounded by some great Jeeps! The trails are OK too. [emoji6]

frenchjk

Hi Eddie,
A handshake across the puddle from France! What is the guitar sound track on hamburger hill???:thumb: (My wife wants to know , she is a guitarist, BOGDANA CHIVAS, and likes that guitar tone!)

Bonne Journée!!!

Oliver

MrGiant

Man, that is one awesome video of an awsome run on a very cool trail! So jealous we dont have anything close on our side of, yeah, the puddle [emoji16]

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

Richamby

Man, what a great video! First time I’ve seen how slippery the rocks can really be. Watching the Jeeps side slip kinda nerve racking. Spotters have to be on their toes.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome video! Thank you for posting it Eddie. Hamburger hill is getting kinda rough it looks like. I ran it during 2016 EJS in my 2dr JKR and it was getting rutted then. In 2014 I ran it in my JK Sport and I went left and it wasn’t near as bad. Looks like you had beautiful weather! :thumb:

All the trails out in Moab have gotten rougher over the years. I'm sure it's just me but trails like Pritchett, I wouldn't even attempt without 37's now. Big tires and big HP have changed a lot of the trails. Weather was outstanding for sure.

Bad ass video. That part on 4:15 looks like a real tight spot. Havent been to Moab. Next time I'm in Vegas I'll hit you up @wayoflife

It's a shame how the camera can't show you how tippy it is there too. A lot of the Jeeps that went before us almost went over taking the line they chose to use. :eek:

You really captured every part of Kane creek that’s gives pucker factor. I have some sweaty palms.

LOL - it's one thing to wheel something and another to do it with a cliff right beside you :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome vid as always. You’ve been surrounded by some great Jeeps! The trails are OK too. [emoji6]

:cheesy: Indeed. Glad you enjoyed the video :)

Hi Eddie,
A handshake across the puddle from France! What is the guitar sound track on hamburger hill???:thumb: (My wife wants to know , she is a guitarist, BOGDANA CHIVAS, and likes that guitar tone!)

Bonne Journée!!!

Oliver

Honestly, I don't know what it is. We buy the rights to all the tracks we use and they have more of a description than a name. Sorry.

Man, that is one awesome video of an awsome run on a very cool trail! So jealous we dont have anything close on our side of, yeah, the puddle [emoji16]

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

Happy to hear you had fun watching it :)

Man, what a great video! First time I’ve seen how slippery the rocks can really be. Watching the Jeeps side slip kinda nerve racking. Spotters have to be on their toes.

Thanks! On obstacles like this, you really do need some momentum to get up big ledges. As far as spotters go, sometimes, the best place to spot is right where you need to drive LOL

RMC2

EJS would be a lot of fun, and then it would also be a pain. Definitely great for meeting up with old friends. Glad you guys had a fun trip.

JeepFan

Kane Creek was a fun trail for sure! Thanks for inviting us along on the adventure! We had a great time...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie you make it look easy. You sure know how to give it a bump. Thanks for the video.

Well, if I made it look easy, it's only because so much of my life was spent wheeling a stick. They really do require you to get things right the first time. :)

EJS would be a lot of fun, and then it would also be a pain. Definitely great for meeting up with old friends. Glad you guys had a fun trip.

If you're going out there to wheel, it can definitely be a pain. I would only recommend going if spending time with old friends was a part of the deal. Then, it's like a reunion.

Great video. That trail looks like a helluva lotta fun.

Oh yeah, it's a very different and fun trail in Moab especially being that so much of your time is spent down in a canyon and doing water crossing after water crossing.

Kane Creek was a fun trail for sure! Thanks for inviting us along on the adventure! We had a great time...

So glad that you and Steph were able to join us for all the fun! :thumb:

dixonk

Great video as always. Nice to see you got to bottom check those body mounted rock sliders a little. They seemed to hold their own when you used them to leverage Jet Li around that boulder. How do they perform as a step?