Diabolical inc. Slipstream for JLU

Ibustem

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has the Diabolical inc. Slipstream for their JLU? I am concerned with overall quality, ease of install and rattles. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim C.

Ibustem

Yes I have seen Eddie’s video. I prefer the versatility of the slipstream. Reviews also say that the slipstream is a better choice.

Jeeeep

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has the Diabolical inc. Slipstream for their JLU? I am concerned with overall quality, ease of install and rattles. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim C.

I saw it at Easter Jeep Safari, it seemed pretty easy to install and the quality seemed pretty sturdy. I did like folding top and ability to raise the whole platform while still have the security if carrying a taller cooler - the default platform height allows the Dometic 35 to slide underneath.

It uses pins similar to the Tuffy so I'd be concerned about the rattles but could see where some properly placed insulation or foam would quite it down.

My issue is the price, damn!! lots of new gadgets but IMO most are over-priced. :doh:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I had seen this at SEMA and my biggest issue with it was the big gap between the deck and the tailgate. The other issue was that it's secured to the body using the hard top bolts. This is fine if you've got the hard top on but with a soft top or no top, all you have to do is remove the bolts to gain access to all your stuff. The benefit of a Tuffy deck is that all the bolts are inside the deck so once the tail gate is locked, there's no easy way to get in it.

Ibustem

Thanks for the info. Those are all valid points. I’m still undecided. If I do pull the trigger I will post a review.

Deezus

I think diabolical looks better but I'm concerned about the upper fins hurting someone.
My question is how does either of these 2 make the subwoofer sound?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ibustem

The tie down fins are optional. You can choose to not install them for a cleaner look if you prefer. The I’ve heard the sub performance is not affected on either product.

Deezus

The tie down fins are optional. You can choose to not install them for a cleaner look if you prefer. The I’ve heard the sub performance is not affected on either product.
Still, they could soften those edges. Out on the trail a lot of stuff can happen and those fins are functional and a selling point.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

SFF900

I have the DI slipstream on my JLU. Overall, I like it, I will say it is kind of a PITA to install. I have very little rattling issues with the sub, only a few songs seem to hit the right frequency where I notice any rattling and even then its been pretty minor. The main issue I've run into is that I wish I would have waited to install it until after I'd installed things like my rear bumper w/ tire carrier and my CB radio because wire/cable routing is a PITA or impossible without being able to remove trim pieces which is greatly compromised by the security enclosure being installed. Fit/finish is really good though, valid point about the use with a soft top and the bolts for the side wings being accessible. I doubt many thieves would be motivated/prepared enough to bring tools and use them to gain access but I guess you never know.

Ibustem

Thank you SFF900 great review and info. I also heard that if you use plastidip on the removable pins you will eliminate even the smallest of rattles.

Pardon my ignorance, but how are these really secure if you got the top off? Couldn't someone just hit the door lock button (granted it would take some climbing to get to it if the windows were up,) and open the tailgate?