Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diabolical inc. Slipstream for JLU

Fresh Catch

Diabolical inc. Slipstream for JLU

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has the Diabolical inc. Slipstream for their JLU? I am concerned with overall quality, ease of install and rattles. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim C.

Caught the Bug
    I donít even know what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Kaseym View Post
    I donít even know what it is
    I had to look it up too, lol. It's a rear cover:

IMG_2464_1024x1024.jpg

Fresh Catch
    Yes I have seen Eddieís video. I prefer the versatility of the slipstream. Reviews also say that the slipstream is a better choice.

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibustem View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has the Diabolical inc. Slipstream for their JLU? I am concerned with overall quality, ease of install and rattles. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim C.
    I saw it at Easter Jeep Safari, it seemed pretty easy to install and the quality seemed pretty sturdy. I did like folding top and ability to raise the whole platform while still have the security if carrying a taller cooler - the default platform height allows the Dometic 35 to slide underneath.

It uses pins similar to the Tuffy so I'd be concerned about the rattles but could see where some properly placed insulation or foam would quite it down.

My issue is the price, damn!! lots of new gadgets but IMO most are over-priced.

I had seen this at SEMA and my biggest issue with it was the big gap between the deck and the tailgate. The other issue was that it's secured to the body using the hard top bolts. This is fine if you've got the hard top on but with a soft top or no top, all you have to do is remove the bolts to gain access to all your stuff. The benefit of a Tuffy deck is that all the bolts are inside the deck so once the tail gate is locked, there's no easy way to get in it.

Fresh Catch
    Thanks for the info. Those are all valid points. Iím still undecided. If I do pull the trigger I will post a review.

Fresh Catch
    Iíd go with the Tuffy. The Diabolical unit looks like a PITA with all the parts and hardware. The simplicity of the Tuffy is much better after comparing both.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I think diabolical looks better but I'm concerned about the upper fins hurting someone.
    My question is how does either of these 2 make the subwoofer sound?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast