4 dr rubicon suspension on a 2 dr ?

CanadaJeep

Caught the Bug
On a JK you could swap out suspension from a 4 dr rubicon to a 2 dr sport and gain some lift. My question is has anyone done this on a JL ? There is plenty of rubicon 4 dr take offs around and no 2 dr . I know spring numbers will account on different heights etc.
Another question is can you just swap out shocks, will this improve ride a little ( rubicon shocks are better than sports , not just the red colouring to make them look different ) ?
And if you have done this swap is there anything else that would be needed ? Picture's if you have them
There just isn't any lifts for us 2 dr guys out there yet. Most lifts are for 4 drs and I don't want to go 3" - 4".
Thanks for any input.

Rgk401

On a JK you could swap out suspension from a 4 dr rubicon to a 2 dr sport and gain some lift. My question is has anyone done this on a JL ? There is plenty of rubicon 4 dr take offs around and no 2 dr . I know spring numbers will account on different heights etc.
Another question is can you just swap out shocks, will this improve ride a little ( rubicon shocks are better than sports , not just the red colouring to make them look different ) ?
And if you have done this swap is there anything else that would be needed ? Picture's if you have them
There just isn't any lifts for us 2 dr guys out there yet. Most lifts are for 4 drs and I don't want to go 3" - 4".
Thanks for any input.

Honestly I wouldn’t do it. There are plenty of good budget friendly lift kits out there. If you wanna keep things simple go with the evo 2” spacer lift.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

drhcobra

I have a takeoff 2-door suspension. You can PM me if you’re interested. It would only give you 1”-1 1/2” lift. My buddy put a 4-dr rubi suspension on his 4-dr sport and ended up adding 3/4
spacers to end up at 2”. If you want 2” a spacer lift would be your best bet. I went with the Dynatrac 2”. I think it’s works good with 35’s and down the road I will probably switch to 37’s without having to change much.
IMG_0768.JPG

CanadaJeep

Caught the Bug
I have a takeoff 2-door suspension. You can PM me if you’re interested. It would only give you 1”-1 1/2” lift. My buddy put a 4-dr rubi suspension on his 4-dr sport and ended up adding 3/4
spacers to end up at 2”. If you want 2” a spacer lift would be your best bet. I went with the Dynatrac 2”. I think it’s works good with 35’s and down the road I will probably switch to 37’s without having to change much.
View attachment 10713

that's a good looking rig. I am wanting the dynatrac lift kit. but have the rubi suspension sitting in garage and was wondering if it would be worth the try ( I picked it up very cheap. (a few beers) Figured if I couldn't use it. I would still have extra lower control arms and end links )

How much lift did you get lift did you get ? I am wondering if I install the dynatrac lift would I get 3.5" 2" lift and the extra you already have on the rubicon 1.5" Would that be 3.5" for a sport ?

Last edited: