Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trektop NX

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL - You would think that after all the experience they gained from having developed and tested their top on the JK, they would have something without any issues.

Glad you're happy with what you got or at least, for the most part. As much as I've liked my Trektop on my JK's, I think I'll be passing on one for my JL.
    No doubt, kinda shocked but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt (for now) and hope the new part fixes it. Will def report back once I get it. I honestly didn't do much research just figured since its been a JK option for so long it'll be good to go, so that's on me...there is def info out there!

And that's why I shared, to help people decide if they can live with these possible issues or if they may want to pass on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JrBiem View Post
    No doubt, kinda shocked but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt (for now) and hope the new part fixes it. Will def report back once I get it. I honestly didn't do much research just figured since its been a JK option for so long it'll be good to go, so that's on me...there is def info out there!

And that's why I shared, to help people decide if they can live with these possible issues or if they may want to pass on it.
    And I for one appreciate it.

Hooked
    LOL - You would think that after all the experience they gained from having developed and tested their top on the JK, they would have something without any issues.

Glad you're happy with what you got or at least, for the most part. As much as I've liked my Trektop on my JK's, I think I'll be passing on one for my JL.
    I'm having trouble with mine leaking from both front corners on my JK. Every time it rains both of my front door surounds are full of water and I have to take them off and dump the water out

Sent from my SM-G950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Dale72 View Post
    I'm having trouble with mine leaking from both front corners on my JK. Every time it rains both of my front door surounds are full of water and I have to take them off and dump the water out

LOL - yup, mine leaks like a son of a bitch too.

Hooked
    Well glad I'm not the only one LOL

Hooked
    Almost wish I kept my hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by Dale72 View Post
    Almost wish I kept my hardtop

I like the look of the Trektop but I hear where you're coming from. It's funny because I've always sold ever hard top that came on all my other Jeeps but I don't think I'll be getting rid of the one on my JL. In a weird way, it's the first one that looks really good to me and much better than the soft top. In truth, I think the JL soft top looks kind of funky. For all the problems I've had with my Trektop, I think I'll sit this one out.

Hooked
    I like the look of the Trektop but I hear where you're coming from. It's funny because I've always sold ever hard top that came on all my other Jeeps but I don't think I'll be getting rid of the one on my JL. In a weird way, it's the first one that looks really good to me and much better than the soft top. In truth, I think the JL soft top looks kind of funky. For all the problems I've had with my Trektop, I think I'll sit this one out.
    I hear ya. When I go and trade mine in for a JL next summer I will just stick with the hardtop

Been Around the Block CanadaJeep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JrBiem View Post
    Tektop NX installed last night. Very simple, and straightforward. Took two of us a litte under 3 hours to finish it up. Used the instructions which are only "ok" imo. The bestop install video is very good though. Here's a few shots.

Attachment 10673

Attachment 10674

Attachment 10675
    Looks good, too bad about the back leaking. thanks for sharing with us.
    SCOTT *lllllll*
    2018 STING GRAY JL SPORT

Fresh Catch
    My brother-in-law had the same issue with the gap on the rear seal and they sent out additional weather stripping. Out of curiosity does anyone know when they started manufacturing Bestops in Mexico? To my understanding I thought they were one of the few or only soft tops made in the USA.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast