Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trektop NX

Caught the Bug

Trektop NX

Tektop NX installed last night. Very simple, and straightforward. Took two of us a litte under 3 hours to finish it up. Used the instructions which are only "ok" imo. The bestop install video is very good though. Here's a few shots.

4448F75E-417F-4D48-85D1-249B2514BE8B.jpg

3D06C19B-CD03-4CEC-A7A3-B7ECF853E721.jpg

DCC77AB5-A2D0-4927-9D95-5A87AF2E0C48.jpg

Nothing but a Thing doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Have they addressed the seal on the tailgate without adding additional weatherstripping?

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    Have they addressed the seal on the tailgate without adding additional weatherstripping?
    I'm not sure. I didn't know there was an issue, but it seems to be doubled up back there. One of them popped off today and I need to put it back on.

The issue I saw on the back was the flapping window, which my top does not seem to be affected by. No flapping up to 80 mph today on the highway.

Nothing but a Thing doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    There's no doubt it looks awesome, but I'm waiting for them to iron out early production issues. Seems to be complaints of flapping as well as a poor seal on the tailgate. At one point they were sending out pieces of weather stripping to connect to the pre-existing weather stripping, unfortunately it kept peeling off. Regardless, I'm certain that they will take care of you if you have any problems.

Caught the Bug
    Just found a write up with pictures. That added weather stripping was included in my kit and is indeed what peeled off today. PITA to put back on too, maybe silicon will help??

Caught the Bug
    Here's a pic of what's going on with the tailgate bar

420F0D31-B3D8-4CCA-92E3-E9CDFC9158BC.jpg

That sagging weatherstripping is supposed to be the "fix" for the tailgate gap people were having. It came in my kit but won't stay put. I keep putting it back on and it keeps falling off. I talked to Bestop today and they say it has been fixed. Sent proof of purchase and this pic over to customer service and they are supposed to send me a new part. So we'll see. I figure if the new part does the same I'll just button it up myself with some 3M weatherstripping adhesive. Will keep you all updated.

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JrBiem View Post
    Here's a pic of what's going on with the tailgate bar

420F0D31-B3D8-4CCA-92E3-E9CDFC9158BC.jpg

That sagging weatherstripping is supposed to be the "fix" for the tailgate gap people were having. It came in my kit but won't stay put. I keep putting it back on and it keeps falling off. I talked to Bestop today and they say it has been fixed. Sent proof of purchase and this pic over to customer service and they are supposed to send me a new part. So we'll see. I figure if the new part does the same I'll just button it up myself with some 3M weatherstripping adhesive. Will keep you all updated.
    Hopefully they fix all the little things soon. Shame they put out this top unfinished.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Well that sucks. Granted, back in the day, Bestop put out 3 different versions of their Trektop before finally getting it right and almost back to back. Of course, even though the previous versions SUCKED - they still charged people to make the upgrade.

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by olram30 View Post
    Hopefully they fix all the little things soon. Shame they put out this top unfinished.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Well that sucks. Granted, back in the day, Bestop put out 3 different versions of their Trektop before finally getting it right and almost back to back. Of course, even though the previous versions SUCKED - they still charged people to make the upgrade.
    Yep, you'd think as long as it took to release they would have an extensively tested product without issues.

I'm glad this seems to be my only issue, at least so far. No flapping window so seems that has been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by JrBiem View Post
    Yep, you'd think as long as it took to release they would have an extensively tested product without issues.

I'm glad this seems to be my only issue, at least so far. No flapping window so seems that has been fixed.
    LOL - You would think that after all the experience they gained from having developed and tested their top on the JK, they would have something without any issues.

Glad you're happy with what you got or at least, for the most part. As much as I've liked my Trektop on my JK's, I think I'll be passing on one for my JL.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast