Lift kit and tire sizes for a jl sport.

Viper

So I am a bit confused. I have a 2018 JL sport with stock fenders, not the high clearance rubi ones. I have heard from some people 37s can be ran with a 3.5-4in lift, but rancho's 3.5-4in kit says 35s on a sport, but I thought I would only need a 2 inch kit for 35s. Could anyone provide some clarification? Just give me a range of what kit equals what tire size? Thanks
(Current setup below)IMG_20190419_163917_721.jpeg

Rgk401

IMG_4987.jpg
2.5 rock krawler with 37x12.5x17 I get a decent amount of flex without rubbing.IMG_4962.jpgIMG_4961.jpg. In the attached pictures I wasn’t disconnected but when I flexed our when I was disconnected I had no rubbing,but I am running the correct amount of bump stops..

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JrBiem

I'm running 2.5" evo enforcer lift with 1.75" spidertrax wheel spacers. 35x12.5 trail grapplers on stock sport wheels.

Attachments

• 10AC1C6A-1882-43E4-B2B1-16CE0269E927.jpg
    10AC1C6A-1882-43E4-B2B1-16CE0269E927.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 344

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You can definitely run 35's with just 2" of lift. This is what the Dynatrac Endurosport 2" lift is made specifically to do - get a Sport or Sahara running on 35's and without any issues.

benatc1

View attachment 10707
2.5 rock krawler with 37x12.5x17 I get a decent amount of flex without rubbing.View attachment 10708View attachment 10709. In the attached pictures I wasn’t disconnected but when I flexed our when I was disconnected I had no rubbing,but I am running the correct amount of bump stops..

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Are you running wheel spacers on there?

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Other alternative is get some Rubicon flares. They are $550 for whole set and include the new lights. LED cost same as halogen. I have a 2.5" lift and 37s on my Sport with the Rubi flares. 20190421_164229.jpeg

Sent via....

JTCO

Meme King
Other alternative is get some Rubicon flares. They are $550 for whole set and include the new lights. LED cost same as halogen. I have a 2.5" lift and 37s on my Sport with the Rubi flares.

Sent via....

Are the Rubicon fenders taller (allow more clearance) in the back as well ?

Danny

Kapoosh1

What gear ratio did you go with? Did you stick with sport axles or did you add Rubicon axles? Thanks in advance.

It's still all stock as far as gears go. It's a 6 speed and definitely slightly under-powered :D. That said, I've driven it over 7K miles without any issues.

I'm planning on doing something this summer, not sure on if I'm going to keep the sport axles or not.

Danny

It's still all stock as far as gears go. It's a 6 speed and definitely slightly under-powered :D. That said, I've driven it over 7K miles without any issues.

I'm planning on doing something this summer, not sure on if I'm going to keep the sport axles or not.
My sport stock, 8th gear would not come in till 60 mph. What gear are you in at 60mph with the manual?

Sent from my SM-T550 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app