Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 35" tires vs 37" tires on a 2 door

  1. #1
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Langley & N Cal
    Posts
    40

    35" tires vs 37" tires on a 2 door

    I will be upgrading my 33" tires and thinking of going to 35" tires (KO2's) which will add 13lbs of dead weight to each tire. However I noticed the 37" tires are only other 3lbs of dead weight. I'll be adding a 3.5" lift. The hardest trail I run every 2 or 3 years is the Rubicon. With gas prices getting close to $4.50 a gallon MPG is becoming much more important to me. How much gas mileage do you normally lose going to a 35" tire? And your thoughts on a 35" vs 37" with gas mileage being a concern, since I don't really do that many hard core trails. Normally 95% of my driving is highway.

  2. #2
    Been Around the Block Rgk401's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by justin mazzon View Post
    I will be upgrading my 33" tires and thinking of going to 35" tires (KO2's) which will add 13lbs of dead weight to each tire. However I noticed the 37" tires are only other 3lbs of dead weight. I'll be adding a 3.5" lift. The hardest trail I run every 2 or 3 years is the Rubicon. With gas prices getting close to $4.50 a gallon MPG is becoming much more important to me. How much gas mileage do you normally lose going to a 35" tire? And your thoughts on a 35" vs 37" with gas mileage being a concern, since I don't really do that many hard core trails. Normally 95% of my driving is highway.
    IMG_4963.jpgIMG_4950.jpg Iím currently running 37x12.5x17 on a 2 door sport. The picture with the fuel mpg is with the 37ís. With the 33í factory rubicon wheels and tires I was getting anywhere from 19-23 but thatís running 60-70 mph. After doing the 2.5Ē lift and the 37ís I had the computer adjustable to the 37ís.



    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  3. #3
    Caught the Bug Danny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgk401 View Post
    IMG_4963.jpgIMG_4950.jpg Iím currently running 37x12.5x17 on a 2 door sport. The picture with the fuel mpg is with the 37ís. With the 33í factory rubicon wheels and tires I was getting anywhere from 19-23 but thatís running 60-70 mph. After doing the 2.5Ē lift and the 37ís I had the computer adjustable to the 37ís.



    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Do you have the 2.0T or 3.6 v6?

    Sent from my SM-G930V using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JL Sport Unlimited Ocean Blue Metallic
    2004 TJ Rubicon Flame Red
    2000 XJ Cherokee Sport Black
    1998 XJ Cherokee Limited Gunmetal Pearl

  4. #4
    Been Around the Block Rgk401's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Do you have the 2.0T or 3.6 v6?

    Sent from my SM-G930V using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    3.6


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  5. #5
    Caught the Bug Danny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgk401 View Post
    3.6


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    What gear ratio did you decide to get?

    Sent from my SM-G930V using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JL Sport Unlimited Ocean Blue Metallic
    2004 TJ Rubicon Flame Red
    2000 XJ Cherokee Sport Black
    1998 XJ Cherokee Limited Gunmetal Pearl

  6. #6
    Been Around the Block Rgk401's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    What gear ratio did you decide to get?

    Sent from my SM-G930V using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Iím still with the stock 3.43 gears but the new axles will have 4.88


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •