View Poll Results: JL Rubicon Manual or Auto

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 JL Rubicon ( Manual or Auto )

Fresh Catch

Lightbulb 2019 JL Rubicon ( Manual or Auto )

Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum.

I am planning on getting the JL Rubicon, I just can't make up my mind on whether to get manual or auto. I have driven both over the years. I especially enjoy manual more, but not sure whether to go with manual or auto on this.
    My main manual car was Mustang Roush, which was a lot of fun.. and I have Q5 as auto.

I test drove rubicon JL auto yesterday and today test drove JL Sahara manual.. I am stuck on making a decision now

In your opinion - which one should I go with and why? I am an experienced manual driver and I love connecting with the car, on the other hand..long drives / traffic can hamper the joy of manual where auto could be better option.
    Although, I don't drive a lot since I got home office.. I mainly want to use it for daily driver, close distance, or go to beach / some trails and offroading here and there, nothing crazy tho.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you.

-Turk

The 8 speed is great on the JL. Go with the auto.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by TFD View Post
    The 8 speed is great on the JL. Go with the auto.

Even as a manual fan, you recommend auto over the manual on JLR?

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Even as a manual fan, you recommend auto over the manual on JLR?
    Yes. I usually prefer a manual and have driven a manual most of my life. The new 8 speed is awesome.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by TFD View Post
    Yes. I usually prefer a manual and have driven a manual most of my life. The new 8 speed is awesome.

Very interesting.. same with me always love manual.. when I test drove the JL Sahara Manual today.. the shifting felt good... but the clutch felt bit jerky .. pushes down very fast then gets rougher towards the end.. not sure why.. although I read it is much better than JK manual? Never drove JK manual before.

How is Auto experience compared to manual driving? If you could advise me some experiences on it, I would really appreaciate it.

Fresh Catch
    Iíve owned nine cars. All with manual transmissions. The last was a JK I drove for 10 years. Just got a JL unlimited Rubicon with the auto and I love it. I had no issues with the clutch and going off road. It was all the red lights and rowing gears around Denver south suburbia that was getting old.

Go with the auto,the manual is fun to drive but that 8 speed automatic is hard to beat.

Caught the Bug
    I got the manual and really like it. I donít have to deal with traffic jams very often, though.

It is kinda nice to not have to worry about the autopark feature. Also, if you donít manually put the auto in first, it seems to lose power in frustrating situations off-road. That being said, I havenít seen someone stall the automatic.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChucklesStart View Post
    I got the manual and really like it. I donít have to deal with traffic jams very often, though.

It is kinda nice to not have to worry about the autopark feature. Also, if you donít manually put the auto in first, it seems to lose power in frustrating situations off-road. That being said, I havenít seen someone stall the automatic.

Same with me, what I do and where I am, I donít deal with daily traffic etc .. I really canít decide either manual or auto.. is auto boring? I know manual is lot of fun for sure. But in the long run which would be ideal you think?

Fresh Catch
    I just recently traded my 05 Rubicon with the 6 speed for a JL with the auto. This is my 4th Jeep, first one with an auto. The 8 speed is a really great transmission, it just felt like the what was right for the vehicle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast