Winch for JT (Stock Winch Bumper) upgrade what fits?

Wizzard005

Hey everyone,

We are still waiting for our JT, but for the time being we want to start collecting parts. I am looking to install a winch ASAP, but i want the following: synthetic rope not sure on how long? and wireless remote. we don't have a preference on brand.. Max Budget is 600-700ish.

Jdofmemi

You could get a Warn VR10S pretty close to that price.

Mine has been good, and gets used. It is not as fast as the Zeon, but gets the job done.

JTCO

Meme King
Why are you set on wireless? I'd take wired any day over wireless. IMO, when you need the winch the most, the last thing you want to happen is to have a technological fuckup.

Along with that, regardless of budget, really look at a winch as a safety item, you don't want to skimp on quality.

I wouldn't buy anything but a Warn. They've sold me for sure and their reputation is fantastic. Here's one clip of tangible evidence of a competitor's winch, luckily the guy wasn't alone. Start at 12:09 .

Winch typically comes with rope. 80 to 100 feet is pretty common.

Last edited:

Wizzard005

Why are you set on wireless? I'd take wired any day over wireless. IMO, when you need the winch the most, the last thing you want to happen is to have a technological fuckup.

Along with that, regardless of budget, really look at a winch as a safety item, you don't want to skimp on quality.

I wouldn't buy anything but a Warn. They've sold me for sure and their reputation is fantastic. Here's one clip of tangible evidence of a competitor's winch, luckily the guy wasn't alone. Start at 12:09 .

Winch typically comes with rope. 80 to 100 feet is pretty common.

My First Winch was Mile Marker , nothing but problems, I have heard warn is good, but I personal dont have exp in it.... If doesn't have to be wireless, but option would be nice. I have never been stuck enough to use it on the trail, only time we have used it has been to pull someone else out, but then again we always were in our Tacoma or 4Runner LOL... we hope jeep inst different, i mean better is always a plus..

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
So your saying some warns are not good?

Well no, you said that.

I would buy a quality warn. I have the cheaper warn on my two door, whatever it’s called, and it has been working fine so far. I also wheeled that Jeep for five years without a working winch. You need to ask yourself if you really need one and when you do, do you want a cheap one that might not work?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Wizzard005

ah... I assume a good quality 12000 will be fine.. I was just online reading reviews for warn and some others, warn reviews are just as good as others it seems... We only want a winch for just in case, we are planing a 50 state trip plus canada this summer and some of it we may go out alone, so I would like to have it for just in case along with some other things...

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
ah... I assume a good quality 12000 will be fine.. I was just online reading reviews for warn and some others, warn reviews are just as good as others it seems... We only want a winch for just in case, we are planing a 50 state trip plus canada this summer and some of it we may go out alone, so I would like to have it for just in case along with some other things...

Sounds like a great idea. I wanted a winch for just in case too.

Here is what I found when I really needed it on Pritchett in Moab.

IMG_0079.jpg

And here is me almost on the lid because I didn’t have a winch and had to be winched.

IMG_0078.jpg

But it has good reviews online.

JLRay

Well no, you said that.

I would buy a quality warn. I have the cheaper warn on my two door, whatever it’s called, and it has been working fine so far. I also wheeled that Jeep for five years without a working winch. You need to ask yourself if you really need one and when you do, do you want a cheap one that might not work?

I agree go with what is the best proven out there and that’s Warn! All the other may have good reviews but they can’t stand up to Warn. Even the cheap warn has gotten me out of a pinch in the dunes and up in the mountains. They have a great product that works and will last! [emoji106]

Last edited:

MSUConrad

Second best option would be a quality snatch strap and a friend to wheel with (even if you have to look up clubs when you travel). May not get you over the obstacle, but can likely get you out of it.

dixonk

Sounds like a great idea. I wanted a winch for just in case too.

Here is what I found when I really needed it on Pritchett in Moab.

View attachment 10615

And here is me almost on the lid because I didn’t have a winch and had to be winched.

View attachment 10616

But it has good reviews online.

Friggin little Chinese kids can’t get anything right these days!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app