JL JOURNAL : RUGGED RIDGE New Products Debut at Moab Easter Jeep Safari

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Moab Easter Jeep Safari is an event that Cindy and I always love to attend and if only because of all the friends we get to see and from all over the world. As luck would have it, the condo we're staying in this year was right next door to our good friend Henk, who just so happens to be the director of marketing over at Rugged Ridge/OMIX-ADA. Needless to say, not only were we able to catch up with him, we also got a chance to check out the way cool Jeep JL Wrangler they brought out with them and all new products they had installed on it. Some of these products include new bumpers front and rear, new rocker guards, tube doors, light mounts and even fender modifications and that's what you'll get to see in this episode of the JL JOURNAL. We hope you enjoy.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

ddays v2

That front bumper is pretty sharp. The tire carrier looks interesting too. I like how you can position the tire - looks kinda cool tilted back with the top off. :thumb:

JTCO

Meme King
Nice stuff. Not a huge fan of the D-ring hooks but love the front bumper and the tire carrier.

NFRs2000NYC

You're the man for remembering to ask about those DRL lights lol. So it seems it's possible to chop up the fenders while keeping the OEM fender liners in place? Seems like with a fender chop, 37s would be rub free with just a 2" lift, which is awesome.

Jeeeep

I like the bumper and tire carrier :thumb:

go to know they will have the driving lights out soon.

will definitely be looking out for those JL summer product releases

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That front bumper is pretty sharp. The tire carrier looks interesting too. I like how you can position the tire - looks kinda cool tilted back with the top off. :thumb:

The front bumper is about as close to a factory steel bumper as I have seen. I can't say that I'm into the tilted look but I did like the fact that they actually had it tested to verify that it could support a 40" tires. :yup:

Nice stuff. Not a huge fan of the D-ring hooks but love the front bumper and the tire carrier.

LOL - the horns are a bit much but the overall bumper was nice.

You're the man for remembering to ask about those DRL lights lol. So it seems it's possible to chop up the fenders while keeping the OEM fender liners in place? Seems like with a fender chop, 37s would be rub free with just a 2" lift, which is awesome.

Yup, you can definitely keep the OEM fender liners but I think you'd gt some rubbing with 37's and just a 2" lift.

I like the bumper and tire carrier :thumb:

go to know they will have the driving lights out soon.

will definitely be looking out for those JL summer product releases

The lights are something I'm really wanting too :)

Like the sleek look of the new front bumper.

In a see of JK like bumpers on JL's, it really is nice to see something totally original and more JL like.

Rigged Ridge has some decent stuff. Keeping a close eye on their products.

They really have been upping their game.

What tires and lift is that?

I believe it was the Alloy USA 2.5" lift and with 37" tires.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like some cool stuff!

Rugged Ridge is definitely not the same company they were a few years ago. EVERYTHING they're making now seems a LOT more refined.

Good to see Hank. Cool build.

LOL - It's crazy how long we've known Henk and yes, it's always good to see him.

Glad you asked about the snorkel been patiently waiting and still nothing hope they didn’t change it too much from what they showed at SEMA. Enjoying my first EJS and hope we cross paths :thumb

LOL - I figured people would want to know about it. I think I'm more interested in it for our JT though :)

Piginajeep

Rugged Ridge is definitely not the same company they were a few years ago. EVERYTHING they're making now seems a LOT more refined.

LOL - It's crazy how long we've known Henk and yes, it's always good to see him.

LOL - I figured people would want to know about it. I think I'm more interested in it for our JT though :)

I’ve known Hank since I was in my early twenties. [emoji854]

I’m holding out for their fender lights

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1989 YJ Sahara
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve known Hank since I was in my early twenties. [emoji854]

I’m holding out for their fender lights

In other words, not all that long :cheesy:

Their lights really are super nice and I like how you can still keep the factory fender liners. Looks super factory.

Piginajeep

In other words, not all that long :cheesy:

Their lights really are super nice and I like how you can still keep the factory fender liners. Looks super factory.

I’m pushing 40. But no where near your age.

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1989 YJ Sahara
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1