JL JOURNAL : DIXIE 4 Wheel Drive's BADASS 6.4L HEMI Powered JL Wrangler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Above and beyond the gorgeous scenery and awesome wheeling, one of the things that Cindy and I love most about attending the Moab Easter Jeep Safari, is that we always get to hook up with old friends out on the trail. One such friend we got to catch up with this year was Bryce from Dixie 4 Wheel Drive and in this short video, you'll get a close up look at his badass Jeep JL Wrangler. In addition to being the very first JL Wrangler to have a 6.4L HEMI under the hood, it also features a 3-link front and triangulated 4-link rear long arm suspension system and of course, 14" coilovers. We hope you enjoy what you see.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Came across this video on YouTube while eating lunch. That Jeep is badass. I love his comment about the importance of keeping the JL look, and that "you can over build one real quick and make it look like a JK." Lol.

Have fun out there!

Nice!I stopped by the Dixie shop in ST George a year and a half ago and those guys are way cool.One of the guys went way out of the way to give me a full tour of the shop and i wasn't even there to buy anything.Top notch people for sure!

Discount Tire

Advertiser
Supporter
What an awesome build by Dixie 4 Wheel Drive. That is a work of art for sure. Thank you for sharing the video of it. Hopefully you had the opportunity to wheel with it in Moab as well.

dixonk

Is it just me or does it seem like putting the HEMI in the Jeep actually gives more space under the hood? That is a badass build for sure. I like the motor swap idea.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Came across this video on YouTube while eating lunch. That Jeep is badass. I love his comment about the importance of keeping the JL look, and that "you can over build one real quick and make it look like a JK." Lol.

Have fun out there!

It really is so true. I really do love and appreciate a well built Jeep that still looks like the Jeep that it was from the factory.

That thing is so badass.

It was a pleasure to see for sure :)

That roar!!!! put a huge smile on my face!!!!:yup::yup::yup:

LOL - you and me both!

Awesome! I’ll take the motor and trans!

A great setup for sure :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Now I wanna see it wheeling, or hitting some hoops

I really do apologize for not getting footage of that. We were on Dynatrac's photo shoot and were limited as to what we could film.

That sound when you started it up .. Beautiful !!! I like how they kept it looking like a JL

LOL - I know, pretty damn amazing :crazyeyes:

If only the conversion wasn't so expensive or better yet, Jeep put a Hemi in at the factory.

Sure would be nice but I doubt that'll ever happen.

What an awesome build by Dixie 4 Wheel Drive. That is a work of art for sure. Thank you for sharing the video of it. Hopefully you had the opportunity to wheel with it in Moab as well.

We got to do some wheeling but not as much as I would have preferred. Still, it was a pleasure seeing it in person and getting the walk around on it.

Is it just me or does it seem like putting the HEMI in the Jeep actually gives more space under the hood? That is a badass build for sure. I like the motor swap idea.

Funny how that works and I can't say that it did for sure but it did look like it to me too. :crazyeyes: