Thread: Wind whistle near top of windshield.

Fresh Catch

Wind whistle near top of windshield.

I am on my third windshield. 18,000 miles. Just started having a whistle near the top of the windshield. Never had it down. I put tape between the glass and the black weatherstrip but did not cover the frame. Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Fresh Catch
    I attempted to tighten the front 2 center brackets down further to help, but it didnít do much. I hear thereís a way to adjust the windshield some, but I havenít attempted that yet. I hope someone finds a way, because itís worse than the JK hard top!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Fresh Catch

Windshield Noise

I have been having a "whistling" noise emanating from the upper left side of my windshield, also. First trip back to dealer verified it was the windshield header seal. When I picked it up after replacement, it was still making the whistling noise. Yesterday, I put some 3M Residue-Free Duct Tape around the driver's side of the windshield just from the windshield glass to the metal of the windshield. The whistling noise was gone. I took my JLUR back to the dealer today and they are going to create a STAR case and, they thought, FCA would replace the windshield and seal. I looked at new JLs on their parking lot and the seal is laying down against the paint. Mine used to but now has a gap where the seal meets the paint.
    ***Shows gap in seal to windshield***
    20190715_100359.jpg
    ***Shows how tape was applied to windshield***
    20190714_180325.jpg
    Present 2018 JLUR Sting-Gray (2018 - life)
    Past 2002 TJ Sport (2001 - 2015)
    Past 1978 CJ7 Renegade (1977 - 1983)

Sad to here, but maybe they will figure out a fix, like maybe redesigning the gasket.

Sent from my SM-G975U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 Jeep JLUR, Granite Crystal Metallic, Automatic, 2" Mopar Suspension Lift, 37x12x17 Toyo Open Country R/T Tires.

Fresh Catch

Update

Just got back from taking my JLUR to the dealer again. Chrysler's direction is to lay a bead of silicone under the windshield seal flap. I am not happy because I think when I have to replace the windshield it will cause a mess (and we all know the windshield will eventually have to be replaced).
    Present 2018 JLUR Sting-Gray (2018 - life)
    Past 2002 TJ Sport (2001 - 2015)
    Past 1978 CJ7 Renegade (1977 - 1983)