Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mud. A cautionary tale

Been Around the Block scoobycarolanNC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Thanks for sharing that experience. Glad you're OK. I've been in a couple similar situations, scary for sure. Really good that you had cell service as well.
    Thanks bud. Yeah, cell service was nice. Iím putting a CB on the short list as a back up.

Quote Originally Posted by ddays v2 View Post
    Sounds like a winch would have come in handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    It sucks when you've got to learn lessons like that. I know that I've been through my fair share. Ultimately a little pride and a broken tail light is nothing, but that feeling of mentally kicking your own ass over the whole ordeal is the worst. We've all been there...You're in good company. 🙃
    Quote Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
    Out here mud/clay is inevitable. A winch was the first thing I put on before I even registered the Jeep. It has come in handy due to mud already.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Iíd almost pulled the trigger a few times on a winch, problem is these damn plastic bumpers. Now that Iíve run it over & over in my head, Iím a jackass for just not getting out and checking. Thatís really the WORST. If Iíd just jumped out I would have known & this all would have been avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by YAHAHA View Post
    What a great story; thanks for sharing. Fess up, it wasn't really hell. By the mud on his clothes, it looks like your son had a good time. And you got to spend 3 hours outside with him. At the very least, THAT makes it a good day.

Have you ordered your new tires yet?

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.
    Thatís the one positive. Me and Hudson had FUN. It was scary & I'm lucky it worked out, but I never lost my cool. Youíre totally right now thisíll be a great memory. Iíve got a bit of a temper sometimes & another lesson Iím taking home is that part of what saved us was a good attitude.

And no, tires will come after the winch 😂

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12