Questions about buying a used Wrangler

HenryBraxton

So I’m looking to buy my first wrangler, but my budget(and what I’m wanting) is for a used wrangler from 2008-2011, 2 door, around 100,000 miles, my question is wear on a used Jeep like this, what are possible issues with jeeps in that criteria. For more context I’m going with no previous accidents and regular check ups.

I just don’t want to go and buy it for it to have major issues within’ the first year or two.

Appreciate any and all advice you have.

Last edited by a moderator:

MR.Ty

You’ll have a little better luck asking this question on wayalife.com

For those years the main issue I remember reading about was that those engines tend to burn oil.
And the clock spring tends to go bad.

I also moved your post out of the wheels and tires section.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
So I’m looking to buy my first wrangler, but my budget(and what I’m wanting) is for a used wrangler from 2008-2011, 2 door, around 100,000 miles, my question is wear on a used Jeep like this, what are possible issues with jeeps in that criteria. For more context I’m going with no previous accidents and regular check ups.

I just don’t want to go and buy it for it to have major issues within’ the first year or two.

I know you didn’t come here just to post those links, right? I removed them. If you are just here for that, you can take a hike.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King

Hey Henry. Suck a dick, ya queaf nugget.