2018 Sahara. Tire width.

tschultz1185

My Jeep is on a stock suspension. Tires are Goodyear Wrangler Adventurer AT 255/70 R18. I am considering getting a wider tire, I have read you can go up to 285. I would probably be looking at 275.

A few things I need to know before making this decision.

First what is my max width without rubbing and leaving enough space minor off roading (don't do any crazy crawling but want it capable to flex enough).

I want a more aggressive AT tire that is good in the Snow (I have one more ND winter to get though). Suggestions?

Are there any other issues I am not considering with going wider?

I am looking for a more aggressive stance without spending the money on a lift that I may want but do not need while keeping it trail capable.

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Discount Tire

Advertiser
Supporter
Are you wanting to get new tires and wheels? If you go with a 285/65R-18 they fit on a wheel from 8.0 to 10.50 inches wide. Your stock wheels are 7.5 inches wide so you would need to replace them as well.

Please let us know if we can help you choose your next set of tires.

tschultz1185

Are you wanting to get new tires and wheels? If you go with a 285/65R-18 they fit on a wheel from 8.0 to 10.50 inches wide. Your stock wheels are 7.5 inches wide so you would need to replace them as well.

Please let us know if we can help you choose your next set of tires.
Looking to keep my stock wheels. And I want to keep as much "tire height" from the wheel as possible. 18" isn't ideal for trails but it is what I have and I like the look of them.

Also you all need to get a store in Fargo ND this place is outrageous for tires. We saved over $500 by driving 4 hours to Minneapolis MN Discount tire when my girlfriend got her Duratracs for her Tacoma. I have a Friend that works for the Discount Tire in Lafayette, IN (Indiana is my home state) so I try to do my business with your company as much as possible.

Discount Tire

Advertiser
Supporter
Looking to keep my stock wheels. And I want to keep as much "tire height" from the wheel as possible. 18" isn't ideal for trails but it is what I have and I like the look of them.

Also you all need to get a store in Fargo ND this place is outrageous for tires. We saved over $500 by driving 4 hours to Minneapolis MN Discount tire when my girlfriend got her Duratracs for her Tacoma. I have a Friend that works for the Discount Tire in Lafayette, IN (Indiana is my home state) so I try to do my business with your company as much as possible.

Thank you for your continued support and comments. We keep marching on opening about 50 stores per year so I'm sure we will be there at some point in time. In the meantime you can order through Discount Tire Direct which is the online division for Discount tire. Shipping is free to your door and they guarantee the lowest delivered price on the internet.

Let us know if we can help.