Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Trailer wiring harness

  1. #1
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Sudbury
    Posts
    15

    Trailer wiring harness

    Does anybody know if this kit or if any supplier makes a plug and play hitch for the JL .?

    IMG_3002.JPG



    Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  2. #2
    Been Around the Block
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Land of no Open spaces!
    Posts
    296
    I just received my kit from CURT #56407, only has the 4-way plug but priced right

    I haven't installed it yet but instructions indicate plug and play and less than an hour install time.

    I went with CURT because the RR plugs in that kit are for JK not JL
    Last edited by Jeeeep; 04-11-2019 at 02:34 PM.

  3. #3
    So, the JL Rubicon we got has no trailer package. I got a hitch, that is the easy part, but can anyone help me with what wiring I need, and what do I need to put trailer brakes on as well.

    Other threads recommend the Tekonsha P3, but are not clear on the wiring.

    We already have a TazerJL, so hopefully that can activate what is needed.

    The Stealership wants $1000 to do it. No way does that fly.
    His: 2015 JKUR

    Hers: 2018 JLUR

  4. #4
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Mom's Basement
    Posts
    3,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdofmemi View Post
    So, the JL Rubicon we got has no trailer package. I got a hitch, that is the easy part, but can anyone help me with what wiring I need, and what do I need to put trailer brakes on as well.

    Other threads recommend the Tekonsha P3, but are not clear on the wiring.

    We already have a TazerJL, so hopefully that can activate what is needed.

    The Stealership wants $1000 to do it. No way does that fly.
    4 pin or 7 pin? Also, in your owners manual, is there anywhere listed where there might be a harness hidden that you can access and splice into ?

  5. #5
    Prefer 7 pin, so brakes will work.

    Will have to check when I'm home on the manual.
    His: 2015 JKUR

    Hers: 2018 JLUR

  6. #6
    Fresh Catch WhiteMetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    45
    If you look on eBay the Mopar ones there for I think $350 but can't remember exact price

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  7. #7
    Fresh Catch WhiteMetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMetal View Post
    If you look on eBay the Mopar ones there for I think $350 but can't remember exact price

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Sorry it was quadratec $265
    Screenshot_20190514-182912.jpeg

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  8. #8
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Butte, MT
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeeep View Post
    I just received my kit from CURT #56407, only has the 4-way plug but priced right

    I haven't installed it yet but instructions indicate plug and play and less than an hour install time.

    I went with CURT because the RR plugs in that kit are for JK not JL
    I installed this on mine a couple weeks ago for a drift boat trailer. The toughest part is fishing the hot wire to the battery - a lot of crawling around underneath - but, that's nothing new with a jeep. The YouTube video was a great help - disconnecting the tail lights is a bit of a trick.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •