Piggy back shock upgrade questions

I'm seriously considering upgrading our JKS Jspec shocks to a set of piggy back reservoir shocks. I'm looking at the king's, and the new fox racing shocks. Did the fox shocks in the past require rebuilding as the kings do? My wife will put about 30k miles a year on the Jeep so I'm curious as to how often, and how much does a rebuild cost with both sets? I know teraflex makes a set, but I'm really nervous about their longevity.

dixonk

I'm seriously considering upgrading our JKS Jspec shocks to a set of piggy back reservoir shocks. I'm looking at the king's, and the new fox racing shocks. Did the fox shocks in the past require rebuilding as the kings do? My wife will put about 30k miles a year on the Jeep so I'm curious as to how often, and how much does a rebuild cost with both sets? I know teraflex makes a set, but I'm really nervous about their longevity.

Fox will need rebuilds as well. I ran them on my Raptor and they needed to be worked on about every 15-20k miles consistently.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

dixonk

What's the price and downtime usually. Thanks!

For the Raptor it was a bit easier. There are a couple companies that do core exchanges. They send you a set of rebuilds and you send them back your shocks which is cheaper. If sending in your own downtime is 1-2 weeks turn around depending on where you send them off to. I think consensus was Fox was the longest turnaround.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app