Arb vs Eaton

Monarch490

I’m about to get a Dynatrac front axle and was wondering what kind of locker I should go with. I like the Eaton selectable locker because you don’t have to have an air compressor, but I’m still open. Does the arb have to have the air compressor running at all times to keep it locked? If so how does that work out? It be great if someone can give me an explanation.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
I’m about to get a Dynatrac front axle and was wondering what kind of locker I should go with. I like the Eaton selectable locker because you don’t have to have an air compressor, but I’m still open. Does the arb have to have the air compressor running at all times to keep it locked? If so how does that work out? It be great if someone can give me an explanation.

Here's a video of it running in the Jeep with locker engaged. The compressor only turns on for a second or two. Once the line and locker are pressurized, the compressor cuts off. If you were to have a leak somewhere, then it would kick on and off but that's not common. I don't have experience with the Eatons and have only used my ARBs a few times but I've been happy with the ARBs so far.

silverbullet88

I have friends with both and none have had a total failure. I will say that every single person I know with an arb has air line leaking issues of some sort or another at some point.