Manual vs. Automatic

dfelicia

I have never driven a manual Jeep. I will be buying the JL unlimited for daily use. I am also a big fan of manual cars and currently own one.

Any feedback on the manual gearbox ?

I’m ordering manual. I don’t get the “it sucks in traffic” argument. Gives me something to do, at least. (I can see how it’s a bad idea if you have back problems, though.) FWIW I sit in traffic for 2hrs 4 days a week. Going on year 20 if that commute (shit, I’m getting old), and 15 of those years were with manuals.

Rocks is a very valid argument, but I’m not interested in rocks and maybe OP isn’t, either. As a DD mine will spend most of its life on pavement. Off-road, hauling ass over dirt is more fun to me than rocks.

Anyway, just an opposing opinion to consider... get what make you smile!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’m ordering manual. I don’t get the “it sucks in traffic” argument. Gives me something to do, at least. (I can see how it’s a bad idea if you have back problems, though.) FWIW I sit in traffic for 2hrs 4 days a week. Going on year 20 if that commute (shit, I’m getting old), and 15 of those years were with manuals.

Rocks is a very valid argument, but I’m not interested in rocks and maybe OP isn’t, either. As a DD mine will spend most of its life on pavement. Off-road, hauling ass over dirt is more fun to me than rocks.

Anyway, just an opposing opinion to consider... get what make you smile!

I won't lie, a part of me is disappointed that I didn't order my JL with a manual the way I had with my first JK.