JL JOURNAL : Armoring Up the Underside with EVO ProTek Skid Plates

MrGiant

Very informative video, thanks for that. The engine skid is interesting, but this fumoto oil drain nipple is over the top! How cool is that

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very informative video, thanks for that. The engine skid is interesting, but this fumoto oil drain nipple is over the top! How cool is that

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

LOL - they are handy to have especially if you have a skid plate like this. Hook up a hose and draining it into a container makes changing your oil super fast and clean.

These were on my list, but I also have the LOD Sig Series rockers. Glad to know the exhaust loop won’t fit. Will prolly just stick with the engine plate.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Honestly, it's all you really need and I'm already thinking about removing my exhaust loop skid.

TnTsJL

EVO Skid installed

Installed the EVO Skid plate yesterday. Put the JL, up on ramps, in my driveway and it was an easy straight, forward install. Took a little over an hour, it would have gone quicker if I wasn’t laying on my back, with a flashlight in my mouth, trying to get the brackets attached to the motor mount. Thanks, for the video and the EVO recommendation.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Installed the EVO Skid plate yesterday. Put the JL, up on ramps, in my driveway and it was an easy straight, forward install. Took a little over an hour, it would have gone quicker if I wasn’t laying on my back, with a flashlight in my mouth, trying to get the brackets attached to the motor mount. Thanks, for the video and the EVO recommendation.

Awesome! I hope our video was able to help you out :)