Do I really need a switch for an ARB compressor?

There are a million reasons why I'd like an ARB compressor in my Jeep. What I can't wrap my head around is why I need the AUX switchbank or switchpro, or something like it for an extra $300? There's really no way to run one without an exotic switch?

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
An ARB compressor comes with a basic switch that you can install just about anywhere. Don't like it, there are a ton of other basic switches you can buy and install in stead using generic mounts that you can attach to your dash or otherwise.

An ARB compressor comes with a basic switch that you can install just about anywhere. Don't like it, there are a ton of other basic switches you can buy and install in stead using generic mounts that you can attach to your dash or otherwise.

Hey Eddie,
I saw that it comes with one, but I thought you needed a switchpros setup to use it. Thats why I was frustrated, like how is this thing not "self-contained"? I'll dig in and do more research.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Eddie,
I saw that it comes with one, but I thought you needed a switchpros setup to use it. Thats why I was frustrated, like how is this thing not "self-contained"? I'll dig in and do more research.

LOL!! Oh no, you definitely do NOT need any additional switch system to make it work. If anything, ARB makes it so that you can just plug and play with what they give you and effort needs to be made to make it work with something else.

WiscoHR

I'm hoping I can hook mine up to the 4 switches with the tow package

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

That’s what I did with mine. Just wire it up like their instructions and take wiring for the switch and connect to a switch wire and the ground for the switch to a body ground. I used switch 4 since it is more than enough to power to trip the relay. No need to use the higher power switches of switch 1 or 2.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app