VIDEO : EVO UP - The Beginning of a Badass JEEP GLADIATOR Pickup Truck Build

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After a fun filled weekend of testing EVO's brand new Jeep Gladiator Sport pickup truck off-road, Cindy and I headed down to their shop in Fullerton, CA and to see the beginning of a truly badass build. With less than two weeks before the Moab Easter Jeep Safari, there was a ton of work that needed to get done especially being that this truck will ultimately be sitting on a set of 40" tires. In this short video, you'll get a behind the scenes look at everything getting torn down, see some of the parts that'll be going into it such as an EVO lift kit and a set of Dana UD60 axles and you'll even get to hear some of the other plans that Mel has in store for it. We hope you enjoy and be sure to check back during EJS to see the completed build.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

BBDOC

Very cool[emoji106]. Already a subscriber:). While your here in SoCal are you doing any runs. I’m not advanced like you guys but would be cool to meet up. Either way have a blessed day and great video! Still trying to work out if I can make it to EJS for the dynatrac meet up:)

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video. Love the truck. And love those table jacks to lift it.

LOL - the table jacks to lift was pretty redneck and cool :crazyeyes:

Very cool[emoji106]. Already a subscriber:). While your here in SoCal are you doing any runs. I’m not advanced like you guys but would be cool to meet up. Either way have a blessed day and great video! Still trying to work out if I can make it to EJS for the dynatrac meet up:)

Sorry, no time for runs but please let me know if you can join us out on the Dynatrac photo shoot.

dixonk

Great video. I did catch that little clip with the new EVO trackbar. You got the skinny on availability of that?

Brute

I'm still having a hard time envisioning Mel with a roof top tent...

Looking forward to seeing the build in Moab...

GCM 2.0

Haha! Mel was doing rooftop tents before “Overlanding” became the new cool outdoorsy thing to be associated with......

EVO1 probably 10 years ago with a rooftop tent.

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

Brute

Haha! Mel was doing rooftop tents before “Overlanding” became the new cool outdoorsy thing to be associated with......

View attachment 10217

View attachment 10218

View attachment 10219

I stand corrected...

I am also contemplating reworking my bedcage in my Brute to accommodate a hard shell rtt while attempting to keep the cog as low as possible...so I’m definitely looking forward to his bed interpretation...

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
No safety glasses.

LOL! 🤓

That looks so freaking badass. It's funny that a lift and tires on a Wrangler make every part of it look bigger. A lift and 40's make the JT look gigantic.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Didn’t see it on the website yet. Might have to give them a call.

They literally just got it done. I would definitely give them a call.

That thing is going to be badass!!!!:crazyeyes::crazyeyes:

I know, I so cannot wait to see it all done :)

You left me wanting more!! cant wait. Another amazing job of making killer jeep videos

Thank you, we're so glad to hear it :)

Wow!
This is going to be cool build. Want to follow this.
Makes me think.

LOL

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! This ^^^^

I was just gonna look for those pics too :)

GCM 2.0

I stand corrected...

I am also contemplating reworking my bedcage in my Brute to accommodate a hard shell rtt while attempting to keep the cog as low as possible...so I’m definitely looking forward to his bed interpretation...

He also ran that same rtt in the bed on Chase 21/Ultimate Z71 for one of the Ultimate Adventure rallies. It looks really good, your Brute would not lose any cool points doing the same thing.