37x13.50r17 cooper sst pro’s radial pull?

Jimbo

I have a 2019 rubicon unlimited with rancho 2.5 with 37x13.50r17 cooper sst pro’s. I have checked alignment and it is spot on. The problem I have been having is that I get a pull to the right. I am running 28psi all around. I live in Washington so the roads tend to slope or crown for water run off. I did notice today that the right rear tire was running 2 psi higher than other tires. Are these tire really pressure sensitive? Or is what I’m experiencing just radial pull. I must add that it is not a major pull but is noticeable.

Jwalt

I don’t have any unusual pull with mine with the same set up. Some of the crown on the road or worn roads pull any car some, I am running 32 psi in mine.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
37x13.5r17's here. No pull. However, when I lived in Florida, the crown on the roads resulted in a pronounced pull to the right. I should have installed Nittos to straighten it out. Lol.

Maxdady

Chasing the same issue.
EVO 3.5 lift and same tire/PSI set up. Slight pull to the right. Not something I have to fight but if I let go of the wheel the Jeep will creep to the right.
I'll be watching this one.
-H

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've run multiple sets of STT Pros and in different sizes and while most have run straight, I will have to say that the 37x13.50's I'm running now has an ever so slight pull to the right. I should note that I've got about 25k on them and only really just started seeing it recently. If I didn't know any better, I would have just thought it was road crown pull but I don't see it on my other Jeep.

Jimbo

Update: I have been playing with air pressures. I put 3lbs of air in the passenger side tire.Seems to be driving fine now. Another note: I swapped both tires from side to side and no change on how it was pulling.

CalSgt

I just had my first rotation done last weekend and am now noticing a pull to the right. They tried to put put them at about 35 psi, but the R front is at about 32 while the L rear is at 36.

I hoped getting my pressure back down to 29 would correct it, reading this is discouraging though...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just had my first rotation done last weekend and am now noticing a pull to the right. They tried to put put them at about 35 psi, but the R front is at about 32 while the L rear is at 36.

I hoped getting my pressure back down to 29 would correct it, reading this is discouraging though...

eh, nature of the beast with big off road tires. The Trail Grapplers I was running before had a hard pull to the left. I can't even say that what I'm feeling is noticeable but if I'm being totally honest, I can just see it.

Maxfly

I’m currently running 12.5s but have notice on county roads a slight pull right but seemed to track straight on interstates. Lift was just put in along with an alignment. The combination took the “squirliness” out but I’m going to pay more attention to the pull.