a question
I import a the Jeep JL Rubicon 2018
from the US
In our country we use
95 octane
98 octane
Will I need to make any change?

CalSgt

I don't suppose high octane gasoline would be a problem so long as it is not leaded and not ethanol.

Jeeeep

Hello
a question
I import a the Jeep JL Rubicon 2018
from the US
In our country we use
95 octane
98 octane
Will I need to make any change?

95 octane is the lowest rated fuel?

I run 93 octane in my JK and had to make changes for it to be effective - tuner for timing change, wider gap on the spark plugs, performance coil to get a better spark.

I don't have a tuner for my JL so couldn't tell you if there are options to make performance changes to take advantage of a higher octane but something I would look into.

Interested to see what needs to be done.

Nissan

Yes sir 95 octane is the lowest
Jeep Israel only bring the 2.0 Turbo models
So I want to believe there's a 95-octane map
To 3.6 liters that I import
Definitely interesting

dixonk

The numbers in EU (and most international countries) are based on a different calculation. 95 RON is equivalent to our 91 and 93 RON is equivalent to our 87.

If you have a 3.6 you will use 93 there. If you have a 2.0 you will use 95 there.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

CalSgt

Something that is being missed is how the octane rating is figured, US octane ratings are an average of two different tests and are typically rated 8 to 12 points lower than the same fuel in other countries.

Figure out what method octane is rated in your country and compare it to the US rating.

ETA: looks like dixonk beat me to it...

MrGiant

I run european 95 octane gas, cant complain. Doesnt the manual mention gas? (Every little s*** is written down there)

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR