JK half doors on JL?

Tank

Well, that’s it, then. I have a nice set of Mopar JK half doors, like new with Mopar uppers, also like new...that I have to sell. How do I do that???

JTCO

Meme King
Well, that’s it, then. I have a nice set of Mopar JK half doors, like new with Mopar uppers, also like new...that I have to sell. How do I do that???

You could try to sell them here or on Wayalife. If you try selling them on Wayalife, mention that the JL Wrangler guys sent you over.

13_gecko_rubi

Well I bought mine new from dealer so know what they cost. Best deal you'll get will be find a buyer with same color jeep as yours. I'd sell mine for 2k absolute minimum which is why I'd likely never sell them.

Sent via....

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
On the wheels subject again I saw a video where a guy worked for a dealership and also owns a JKU and put his 37's on it with what looks like AEV Pintlers. The wheels may just actually work.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I get that but there was talk earlier about the studs being larger. I doubt the employee would drill out his wheels to fit them on a JL and be screwed when he has to put them back onto his JK so they may just have the same size studs.

Are you saying JKU or JLU?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Mr.Hellcat2You

Are you saying JKU or JLU?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Oh I see where the confusion is my bad lol. Someone asked earlier if the wheels from a JK would fit on a JL. Someone else said the studs on the JL are now 14mm which are slightly bigger than the JK's so if you wanted you can drill out the holes a bit to make your JK wheels work on the JL. My revisit to that topic was to just say that the employee who works for Jeep has a JK of his own and when they got the JL he wanted to see how it would look with 37's so he took his wheels and put them on the JL.

13_gecko_rubi

Oh I see where the confusion is my bad lol. Someone asked earlier if the wheels from a JK would fit on a JL. Someone else said the studs on the JL are now 14mm which are slightly bigger than the JK's so if you wanted you can drill out the holes a bit to make your JK wheels work on the JL. My revisit to that topic was to just say that the employee who works for Jeep has a JK of his own and when they got the JL he wanted to see how it would look with 37's so he took his wheels and put them on the JL.

The JL studs are 14mm (metric equivalent of 9/16) vs the 1/2" studs on a JK. Many JK wheels have the holes drilled larger to accommodate larger lugs someone may put on a JK, tolerancing, etc. I think you'll find many JK wheels will fit, some won't. All going to depend on the wheel.

Sent via....