Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JL JOURNAL : WORKING OUT the WOBBLE - Rancho Adjustable Front Track Bar Install

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    That's because it needs to grow and stiffen up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL!! Thank you. Clearly, our videos are far from being click bait worthy but we do hope they may help others out

We appreciate you saying as much. I don't think we have the kind of broad appeal that others out there may have but we do our best to share what we've learned
    So safe to say we wonít be seeing you doing any videos in skimpy shorts with your butt hanging out or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JLUR Sting Gray

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
    So safe to say we wonít be seeing you doing any videos in skimpy shorts with your butt hanging out or anything?

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
    Only if I decide I'm done with this and want to scare everyone away

Great video... I will say I never had it shake as fast back and forth as it did for you with the factory track bar. But, what I have seen even with my Core4x4 track bar has been slower.

After you went to the Rancho in the video, that little jerk you see in the steering wheel after a bump is where I get my issue.

Your JL stops after that first reaction. Mine doesnít, it oscillates 3-4 times back and forth as it works itself back straight. So Iím wondering if it could be anything else. Iím thinking my draglink might need to be replaced but Iím really lost on where to look next.

Quote Originally Posted by WiscoHR View Post
    Great video... I will say I never had it shake as fast back and forth as it did for you with the factory track bar. But, what I have seen even with my Core4x4 track bar has been slower.

After you went to the Rancho in the video, that little jerk you see in the steering wheel after a bump is where I get my issue.

Your JL stops after that first reaction. Mine doesnít, it oscillates 3-4 times back and forth as it works itself back straight. So Iím wondering if it could be anything else. Iím thinking my draglink might need to be replaced but Iím really lost on where to look next.

Have you had someone move the steering wheel while you feel with your finger for moving parts? That sucks

Been Around the Block
    did the wobble get worse from 35's to 37's?

Quote Originally Posted by olram30 View Post
    Have you had someone move the steering wheel while you feel with your finger for moving parts? That sucks

Not yet. Iím hoping to dig in further this weekend. Been chasing it a while. It was great to see Jim from Dynatracís explanations in the last video. Checked all the torque settings today and the toe. Just trying to narrow it down.

Quote Originally Posted by WiscoHR View Post
    Not yet. Iím hoping to dig in further this weekend. Been chasing it a while. It was great to see Jim from Dynatracís explanations in the last video. Checked all the torque settings today and the toe. Just trying to narrow it down.

Yeah, I was just going to tell you about that video. Really good explanation on what to look for.

After I lifted my JLUR, I had removed the SS and brackets as it was all beat up. I replaced it with a fox and because I'm still using the stock tie rod I had to use the metalcloak SS relocation brackets. But before I did that, and with SS removed I had a little bump steer and it actually looked like what your video showed. Now with new SS the steering is great and no bump steer. Mine was only when I hit serious bumps, but it looked like yours. I have an aftermarket track bar front and rear with no movement there at all. I really like these videos because it really explains what to look for and how to resolve steering issues. It should be noted that if you don't lift your jeep and run larger tires you probably won't experience these issues.
    Don't be confused though, in no way do I believe that a SS will fix death wobble cus I ran without it.... But I did notice, at least on the JL, that it helped with bump steer especially at higher lift on mine.
    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Deezus; 03-30-2019 at 07:05 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast