Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JL JOURNAL : WORKING OUT the WOBBLE - Rancho Adjustable Front Track Bar Install

JL JOURNAL : WORKING OUT the WOBBLE - Rancho Adjustable Front Track Bar Install

Like many of you out there with a Jeep JL Wrangler, built up or stock, we developed a bit of wobble in our steering. It's one that mainly occurred when it's cold out and when driving over uneven pavement or hitting something like a pot hole with just one tire. Now, I should point out that what we've been feeling is FAR from being the infamous "death wobble", the violent and uncontrollable shaking of the entire Jeep and to the point where you can only stop it by bringing your Jeep to a stop. However, I can totally see how someone new to Jeeps might confuse it as being death wobble especially being that it does feel like the beginnings of it. Because a loose bolt or worn out track bar bushing is typically the cause something like this, that's where we decided to start focusing our attention. In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see what the wobble we had looked like and how we were able to work most of it out, if not all of it, simply by installing a new Rancho rockGEAR adjustable front track bar. We hope you find the information in this video to be useful.

I should note that we are by no means suggesting that the source of our steering wobble will be the same for everyone or that installing a Rancho adjustable front track bar will fix whatever you are feeling. This video was made simply to show what we had experienced, what we had tried and ultimately, what got things fixed for us.

BUY Rancho rockGEAR Track Bars for your JL Wrangler
    Rancho RS62128 rockGEAR Suspension JL Wrangler Front Track Bar
    https://amzn.to/2CuK9Dw

Rancho RS62131 rockGEAR Suspension JL Wrangler Rear Track Bar
    https://amzn.to/2JqT52N

Buying from the links above will help to support this forum and at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    Man these vids are super useful. Compile them into one playlist and call it "JL For Dummies." As usual, great content.

Good info. I'll certainly look into this if our JT does something similar. Went through years of track bar issues on the WJ. Has to be tight, tight, tight.

Thank you, Eddie and Cindy, you two make the best videos

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 Jeep JLUR, Granite Crystal Metallic, Automatic, 2" Mopar Suspension Lift, 37x12x17 Toyo Open Country R/T Tires.

Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    Man these vids are super useful. Compile them into one playlist and call it "JL For Dummies." As usual, great content.
    LOL!! Thank you. Clearly, our videos are far from being click bait worthy but we do hope they may help others out

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Good info. I'll certainly look into this if our JT does something similar. Went through years of track bar issues on the WJ. Has to be tight, tight, tight.
    Agreed. However, in this case, I think the real issue was the bonded rubber bushings were just too soft and allowed for too much movement. At least, that's what it seemed like to us.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBeard View Post
    Thank you, Eddie and Cindy, you two make the best videos
    We appreciate you saying as much. I don't think we have the kind of broad appeal that others out there may have but we do our best to share what we've learned

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Very informative video. I have a feeling im going to have to purchase one of these.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by olram30 View Post
    Very informative video. I have a feeling im going to have to purchase one of these.
    LOL!! Hopefully not but if you do need something, I would recommend this Rancho track bar.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL!! Hopefully not but if you do need something, I would recommend this Rancho track bar.
    There definitely seems to be a pattern with that wobble, especially when it's cold

Quote Originally Posted by olram30 View Post
    There definitely seems to be a pattern with that wobble, especially when it's cold

That's because it needs to grow and stiffen up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    That's because it needs to grow and stiffen up a little.
    Wowza.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast