WRITE-UP : WAYALIFE ACM - Jeep JL / JT Under the Hood ARB Air Compressor Mount

ImpactDoc

BTW, it's a little hard to tell from the pic you posted but just in case, I should point out that you don't want the ARB compressor to be resting on the frame rail. In fact, you'll want to make sure it has some room between the two being that the body of your Jeep will move up and down a bit when hitting bumps.
Thank you for that heads up. I was totally checking that too with the lines wrapped in the reflective sheet above the frame Bc it was about 2cm of space. I actually took pics to post later on to show that same concern. I wasn’t sure how much it would move but I’m glad you had the same thought I had.

Attachments

• 21293F04-FBD8-4F7F-ABB4-5751434D3BB0.jpg
    21293F04-FBD8-4F7F-ABB4-5751434D3BB0.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 196

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for that heads up. I was totally checking that too with the lines wrapped in the reflective sheet above the frame Bc it was about 2cm of space. I actually took pics to post later on to show that same concern. I wasn’t sure how much it would move but I’m glad you had the same thought I had.

So, what I did was rotate the compressor like you did so that the bracket sat away from the frame rail but I also pushed it up in the clamp as high as I could go before it hit the stud coming out of the firewall. I've run multiple long and rough trails and at high speed (where you would see the most body movement) and found that everything cleared just fine.

ImpactDoc

So, what I did was rotate the compressor like you did so that the bracket sat away from the frame rail but I also pushed it up in the clamp as high as I could go before it hit the stud coming out of the firewall. I've run multiple long and rough trails and at high speed (where you would see the most body movement) and found that everything cleared just fine.

Sweet I’ll do the same. It doesn’t take long to unbolt and do that. Thank you for that tip.

mtwashburn

I was curious if anyone was running this ARB compressor that doesn't have a JL with the factory AUX switches. I don't have them and was looking into options. An SPOD seems decent but I don't like the controller mounting options for the JL. I prefer the Rough Country MLC-6 but I haven't seen anywhere if it can handle the load of a compressor as its marketed as a light controller. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G965U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

dixonk

I was curious if anyone was running this ARB compressor that doesn't have a JL with the factory AUX switches. I don't have them and was looking into options. An SPOD seems decent but I don't like the controller mounting options for the JL. I prefer the Rough Country MLC-6 but I haven't seen anywhere if it can handle the load of a compressor as its marketed as a light controller. Any ideas?

What about just using the included ARB switch and mounting it somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

mtwashburn

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
I thought about that too but was planning on adding some auxillary lights as well and I don't want to get too switch crazy. I know I could get the Mopar switch kit but install looks like a pain and I don't trust my dealership enough to have then reflash the system. Just hoping for an easy fix I guess.

JeepFan

I almost have everything I need to install my ARB compressor with Eddie's Under Hood Compressor Mount. Thanks Eddie for the great idea, I can finally ditch my Harbor Freight portable compressor. :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

That's what I would do. The ARB compressor comes completely setup to do just that too :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
2.0 test fit yet?

I have given a 2.0L a quick look and from what I could tell, it should work but I haven't been able to do an install to verify as much. If you're really interested, you could always give it a try and it if it doesn't work, you could always return it for a full refund. But again, I'm pretty sure it'll work the same way.

I almost have everything I need to install my ARB compressor with Eddie's Under Hood Compressor Mount. Thanks Eddie for the great idea, I can finally ditch my Harbor Freight portable compressor. :)

LOL - should be a big help at the end of the day. Looking forward to seeing it installed on your Jeep :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just ordered one ... so I'll be the test fitter on the 2.0

Thanks

Awesome! Please let me know if you have any questions and if you can take some pics once installed, that would be awesome. Again, if for any reason it doesn't work, let me know.

JeepFan

Nice. Where did you get that abrasion sheathing from? I can see that being handy for lots of stuff.
Found it on Amazon! I had issues with the compressor power connector meltdown on my old JK. So I plan to use it on the main compressor power connector to help shield out excessive heat.