WRITE-UP : WAYALIFE ACM - Jeep JL / JT Under the Hood ARB Air Compressor Mount

JeepFan

How much length did you get? You run air chuck to front bumper?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Here's what I bought on Amazon: WISAUTO High Temp Black Auto Heat Sleeve Fiberglass Adjustable Heat Shield Black Color 5FT X 20MM(3/4''). I also purchased a roll of Automotive Wiring Harness Cloth Tape - Maxwel VERSAF51217 Chemical Fiber Cloth High Temp Wire Harness Wrapping Tape for Auto Electrical Wrap, Protection, Insulation 19MM × 25M Pack of 1 Piece to wrap any un-shielded wires.

The heat sleeve comes in 5' rolls and I plan to only use it around the main power connector that goes into the compressor itself. The air chuck pipe is steal braided so I don't think it needs the heat shield. Hope this helps...

dixonk

Here's what I bought on Amazon: WISAUTO High Temp Black Auto Heat Sleeve Fiberglass Adjustable Heat Shield Black Color 5FT X 20MM(3/4''). I also purchased a roll of Automotive Wiring Harness Cloth Tape - Maxwel VERSAF51217 Chemical Fiber Cloth High Temp Wire Harness Wrapping Tape for Auto Electrical Wrap, Protection, Insulation 19MM × 25M Pack of 1 Piece to wrap any un-shielded wires.

The heat sleeve comes in 5' rolls and I plan to only use it around the main power connector that goes into the compressor itself. The air chuck pipe is steal braided so I don't think it needs the heat shield. Hope this helps...

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JeepFan

Mounted up...
Hooked up...
Aired up...

The bracket worked perfectly.

Bye bye harbor freight compressor...[emoji41]20190427_104442.jpeg20190427_120910.jpeg20190427_125954.jpeg

JTCO

Meme King
Lol.

I've got a question... is there any need for the manifold if you're not running air lockers?

Manifold not required unless you're running lockers. However, the single ARB compressor comes with it as an assembly.

But on the twin, the manifold is extra and separate.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Mounted up...
Hooked up...
Aired up...

The bracket worked perfectly.

Bye bye harbor freight compressor...

Glad to see everything installed without any issues and I love where you installed your remote chuck. The wiring shielding is a great idea too. Thanks for posting this up :yup:

Hoffer

2019 2.0 fitment

Everything fits great on the 2.0 JL

Might need a heat shield to protect from the exhaust

2019 2l.JPG

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
2019 2.0 fitment

Everything fits great on the 2.0 JL

Might need a heat shield to protect from the exhaust

Fantastic!! Thank you so much for posting this up. So glad to hear everything worked out for ya :thumb: