WRITE-UP : WAYALIFE ACM - Jeep JL / JT Under the Hood ARB Air Compressor Mount

RubiDale

Preliminary mounting done in 30 min last night... first thing to note and get out there early is you do NOT have to remove the fender. Just the inner fender liner if you have long arms or a svelte compact individual like myself. I left the tire on and the fender (see pics). Life would have been easier removing these parts but I didn’t want to bust a fender clip.

I did not have the four 1/4-20x1/2” bolts or nuts in my package contents but I did have a lot of spare stuff around from my motorcycle days laying around so I improvised, since I figured Home Depot security cameras would have alerted the cops at 11pm :) I think it’s just important to make sure the bolt head isn’t more than 4mm Bc of the use of the spacers on the studs being 4mm on two of the studs.

Now off to the hardware store to get a short air hose and fittings and electrical wire couplers. I’ll post up pics of my wiring routing when done to this post or I might just create a thread.

What was involved with removing the inner fender? Did you have to drill out the plastic rivets and then replace them?

RubiDale

Another happy customer

Installed the ARB today, thanks for the instruction and the product. I had a bit of a problem wiring it up, I had to splice in the small gauge black ground wire to the larger ground in order to get the pump to come on, ottherwise it was an easy straight forward install. I added some plastic wire loom to protect the brake lines and steering linkage from the possibility of being abraded against the steel braided extension hose. I routed it up and around the shock tower to keep it out of the way. Great ingenuity on the location and execution.

Attachments

• E621BCB8-FF63-4298-A321-696A0F1DD66E.jpg
    E621BCB8-FF63-4298-A321-696A0F1DD66E.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 39397DDB-2EB4-485F-8C40-2BEF358D6F67.jpg
    39397DDB-2EB4-485F-8C40-2BEF358D6F67.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 137
  • FFE1D8FF-C3BB-4443-A67A-BA1173B28724.jpg
    FFE1D8FF-C3BB-4443-A67A-BA1173B28724.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 139
  • FA5D7A6A-C578-44BD-B8E8-DD5202C997DE.jpg
    FA5D7A6A-C578-44BD-B8E8-DD5202C997DE.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 134
  • FFA9BA10-EDF3-486B-9441-F9E242EDF8B7.jpg
    FFA9BA10-EDF3-486B-9441-F9E242EDF8B7.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

benatc1

Eddie, how has this single air compressor been working out for your needs? Been really wanting to do the twin but cant find a place to mount it outside, so I think I'm just going to get a single. Ultimately, I'll want it for lockers, air up, and maybe sway bar down the road. Would rather buy once, ya know.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, how has this single air compressor been working out for your needs? Been really wanting to do the twin but cant find a place to mount it outside, so I think I'm just going to get a single. Ultimately, I'll want it for lockers, air up, and maybe sway bar down the road. Would rather buy once, ya know.

Honestly, I never had a problem with the single even back when we were running it on our old JK Nemo and TJ before that. On our JL, I can air up my 37's without any issues and in what I consider to be a relatively short amount of time. I've honestly never felt the need for a twin even when I had the room for one on our JK.

benatc1

Honestly, I never had a problem with the single even back when we were running it on our old JK Nemo and TJ before that. On our JL, I can air up my 37's without any issues and in what I consider to be a relatively short amount of time. I've honestly never felt the need for a twin even when I had the room for one on our JK.
Good to know, thanks for the info. Think I will just go this route then, no need to spend double if I don't need it. Thanks!

dixonk

Ditto. I can air up from single digits and low teens to 28psi in a minute or two. Less than 10 min and I am aired up and rocking down the road. I can’t imagine being in that much more of a hurry to justify a twin.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app