WRITE-UP : WAYALIFE ACM - Jeep JL / JT Under the Hood ARB Air Compressor Mount

Green Goblin

video

Man, I really am sorry. Been swamped with events, runs and builds. It's all filmed - just need to make it into a video.

That's fine. I understand. I'm looking forward to your video as this project is on my wish list. I do like the write up on this but the video would even make it better. Thanks for the reply!

CalSgt

Got mine done today... Had a little setback troubleshooting why my compressor wouldn't run but it worked out in the end.

Thanks for the great product and write up!

I had to rewatch the EVO 1/4 Pounder video to see where you mounted the air chuck, I ended up making a bracket from some aluminum angle instead of bending the ARB bracket.

I forgot to get a picture after the install was final, this one is from when I was taking everything back apart to figure out why it wasn't working.

59632555556__54D0131B-8CD7-47CF-90F1-A78D283A1AF5.jpg

IMG_3627.jpg

IMG_3625.jpg

Deezus

Almost finished mine, only thing left is to mount my universal remote chuck.
If I had it to do over I would pre-fit that mount onto the firewall so that all four screws went through the mounting holes cuz on mine I had to tighten a couple down to get some thread on the others but other than that it's pretty simple.IMG_20191124_124509.jpgIMG_20191124_131106.jpgIMG_20191124_131057.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

CalSgt

Almost finished mine, only thing left is to mount my universal remote chuck.
If I had it to do over I would pre-fit that mount onto the firewall so that all four screws went through the mounting holes cuz on mine I had to tighten a couple down to get some thread on the others but other than that it's pretty simple.

Dang... those C/O brackets look like they would make it a PIA

JTCO

Meme King
Got this in the mail today. Nice looking product. Thanks for the quick shipping. :beer:

DSC06077.jpg

Hoping to tackle this over the weekend if time permits.

DSC06079.jpg

Deezus

Nice bro looks great I hope you have better luck than me because it's so close to the cat that if you're driving around like say off-roading in the summer or driving around a forest trail and you stop to go air up mine kept going off and on off and on because it was so close to the cat and it was building up so much heat because of this I'm going to have to move it to some other location a buddy of mine mounted his single compressor underneath the driver's side tail light in the rear in that little knockout in the cut a little piece out and put it in there and that's where I'm going to relocate it because mine overheats cuz it's so close to the cat.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Deezus

Sorry for the broken English post but I'm doing text to speech right now.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice bro looks great I hope you have better luck than me because it's so close to the cat that if you're driving around like say off-roading in the summer or driving around a forest trail and you stop to go air up mine kept going off and on off and on because it was so close to the cat and it was building up so much heat because of this I'm going to have to move it to some other location a buddy of mine mounted his single compressor underneath the driver's side tail light in the rear in that little knockout in the cut a little piece out and put it in there and that's where I'm going to relocate it because mine overheats cuz it's so close to the cat.

Umm, there is no thermal switch on the compressor, just a pressure switch. If your compressor is going on and off, you have a leak.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Deezus

Umm, there is no thermal switch on the compressor, just a pressure switch. If your compressor is going on and off, you have a leak.

Yes you're totally right about that. mine will work if I haven't had the engine running but if I stop the engine right after like driving through a forest or something and then try to air up it will go off and on and it will eventually just turn off and then I'll have to wait until it cools down with the engine off and then I can run the compressor.
I checked for leaks and have none so I don't know what else it could be. I can check again though...
So Eddie are you saying that no matter how hot that compressor gets it'll always run?

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes you're totally right about that. mine will work if I haven't had the engine running but if I stop the engine right after like driving through a forest or something and then try to air up it will go off and on and it will eventually just turn off and then I'll have to wait until it cools down with the engine off and then I can run the compressor.
I checked for leaks and have none so I don't know what else it could be. I can check again though...
So Eddie are you saying that no matter how hot that compressor gets it'll always run?

All I can tell you is that I’ve literally wheeled hard all day long with high RPM in 115 deg Arizona heat and aired up 4 37” tires without ANY issues. I’ve also run this same compressor on Moby and Rubicat under the hood and to the point where the plugs melted and never had a problem with it running. If you’ve got issues, I would have to say something else is going on.

Deezus

All I can tell you is that I’ve literally wheeled hard all day long with high RPM in 115 deg Arizona heat and aired up 4 37” tires without ANY issues. I’ve also run this same compressor on Moby and Rubicat under the hood and to the point where the plugs melted and never had a problem with it running. If you’ve got issues, I would have to say something else is going on.

Fair enough I'll check it out thanks.

13_gecko_rubi

I figured I'd take a min and post on here since the diesels are starting to ship. If anyone has ordered a diesel this bracket won't work. The reason the space is there and there are mounting studs etc is because on the diesel the washer bottle is there. Just an fyi.

Sent via....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I figured I'd take a min and post on here since the diesels are starting to ship. If anyone has ordered a diesel this bracket won't work. The reason the space is there and there are mounting studs etc is because on the diesel the washer bottle is there. Just an fyi.

Sent via....

Thank you for posting this up. I suspected this might be the case and appreciate you verifying as much.

Deezus

Sent via....
From what I've seen in the diesel engine bay you could probably mount it in the old JK place.