Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: WRITE-UP : WAYALIFE ACM - Jeep JL / JT Under the Hood ARB Air Compressor Mount

Quote Originally Posted by VitaMeVas View Post
    Just ordered the bracket this morning. Been staring at my ARB single compressor in the garage. It wants to live on the firewall. Welcome back!!
    Awesome!

Ta-da!!

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Awesome!
    Got some tidying up to do on the wire routing, but everything went together pretty slick. For now, Iím running right off the compressor. Thanks Eddie for the write up and bracket. Made it much easier.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    VitaMeVas

Sent with Etch-a-sketch using twisty knobs

2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited Granite Crystal Metallic
    JL Tazer Mini with JL Tazer Front Grill Camera Kit
    Rancho Front Diff & Rear Lower CA Skids
    EVO Protek 3.6 Engine/Trans, Exhaust Loop, & FAD Skids
    RockHard 4x4 Patriot Series Tubular Rock Sliders
    CoolTech LLC Tailgate Antenna Kit with Cobra 75
    Dominion Offroad Stealth Hi-Lift Jack Interior Mount

Got some tidying up to do on the wire routing, but everything went together pretty slick. For now, Iím running right off the compressor. Thanks Eddie for the write up and bracket. Made it much easier.
    Awesome!! So glad that you were able to get everything installed without too much hassle and that you're liking the ACM

Question?!?

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Awesome!! So glad that you were able to get everything installed without too much hassle and that you're liking the ACM
    Eddie or Anyone,

Iím going to make my own mounting bracket for the ARB air chuck thatís threaded (1/4Ē NPT...I think). Then Iíd like to connect via a short hose (12-18Ē) to the ARB T fitting that the pressure sensor is hooked to. My question is why use the 1 m braided hose line with fittings, when a short line with 1/4Ē NPT ends would do the same thing? Iíd still use some type of braided line for the short hose, but I donít need the 90 degree bends....so why change to a different fitting. Let me know ur thoughts.
    VitaMeVas

Sent with Etch-a-sketch using twisty knobs

2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited Granite Crystal Metallic
    JL Tazer Mini with JL Tazer Front Grill Camera Kit
    Rancho Front Diff & Rear Lower CA Skids
    EVO Protek 3.6 Engine/Trans, Exhaust Loop, & FAD Skids
    RockHard 4x4 Patriot Series Tubular Rock Sliders
    CoolTech LLC Tailgate Antenna Kit with Cobra 75
    Dominion Offroad Stealth Hi-Lift Jack Interior Mount

Been Around the Block StormBreakerTheJL's Avatar
    I rewatched Eddieís video this morning as Iíll be ordering a compressor come April, and he mentioned that a single will air up a 37x12.5 in 2.5mins. What about at elevation? Here in Colorado Iím usually wheeling around 8k in elevation and above, will that have an effect on the time it takes to air up?

Last time I used mine it was 20 degrees F, at 5K feet, it was taking way longer than expected to air up and I discovered my valve stems were icing closed. I've never timed it on a warmer day but it seems to get the job done fairly quick.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBreakerTheJL View Post
    I rewatched Eddieís video this morning as Iíll be ordering a compressor come April, and he mentioned that a single will air up a 37x12.5 in 2.5mins. What about at elevation? Here in Colorado Iím usually wheeling around 8k in elevation and above, will that have an effect on the time it takes to air up?
    I've found the single to work very well up here with 33s and 35s. Haven't tried 37s.

Been Around the Block StormBreakerTheJL's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JTCO View Post
    I've found the single to work very well up here with 33s and 35s. Haven't tried 37s.
    Good to know. Anyone in the Denver Wayalife group running a single and 37s?

Eddie or Anyone,

Iím going to make my own mounting bracket for the ARB air chuck thatís threaded (1/4Ē NPT...I think). Then Iíd like to connect via a short hose (12-18Ē) to the ARB T fitting that the pressure sensor is hooked to. My question is why use the 1 m braided hose line with fittings, when a short line with 1/4Ē NPT ends would do the same thing? Iíd still use some type of braided line for the short hose, but I donít need the 90 degree bends....so why change to a different fitting. Let me know ur thoughts.
    Sorry for not seeing this sooner. The ARB does NOT use NPT fittings. It uses JIC.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617