WRITE-UP : WAYALIFE ACM - Jeep JL / JT Under the Hood ARB Air Compressor Mount

VitaMeVas

Ta-da!!

Awesome! :thumb:

Got some tidying up to do on the wire routing, but everything went together pretty slick. For now, I’m running right off the compressor. Thanks Eddie for the write up and bracket. Made it much easier.

Attachments

• FBA68E27-9C83-4DCB-AEB9-9335A9CBA9EA.jpg
    FBA68E27-9C83-4DCB-AEB9-9335A9CBA9EA.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 109

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Got some tidying up to do on the wire routing, but everything went together pretty slick. For now, I’m running right off the compressor. Thanks Eddie for the write up and bracket. Made it much easier.

Awesome!! So glad that you were able to get everything installed without too much hassle and that you're liking the ACM :thumb:

VitaMeVas

Question?!?

Awesome!! So glad that you were able to get everything installed without too much hassle and that you're liking the ACM :thumb:

Eddie or Anyone,

I’m going to make my own mounting bracket for the ARB air chuck that’s threaded (1/4” NPT...I think). Then I’d like to connect via a short hose (12-18”) to the ARB T fitting that the pressure sensor is hooked to. My question is why use the 1 m braided hose line with fittings, when a short line with 1/4” NPT ends would do the same thing? I’d still use some type of braided line for the short hose, but I don’t need the 90 degree bends....so why change to a different fitting. Let me know ur thoughts.

I rewatched Eddie’s video this morning as I’ll be ordering a compressor come April, and he mentioned that a single will air up a 37x12.5 in 2.5mins. What about at elevation? Here in Colorado I’m usually wheeling around 8k in elevation and above, will that have an effect on the time it takes to air up?

CalSgt

Last time I used mine it was 20 degrees F, at 5K feet, it was taking way longer than expected to air up and I discovered my valve stems were icing closed. I've never timed it on a warmer day but it seems to get the job done fairly quick.

JTCO

Meme King
I rewatched Eddie’s video this morning as I’ll be ordering a compressor come April, and he mentioned that a single will air up a 37x12.5 in 2.5mins. What about at elevation? Here in Colorado I’m usually wheeling around 8k in elevation and above, will that have an effect on the time it takes to air up?

I've found the single to work very well up here with 33s and 35s. Haven't tried 37s.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie or Anyone,

I’m going to make my own mounting bracket for the ARB air chuck that’s threaded (1/4” NPT...I think). Then I’d like to connect via a short hose (12-18”) to the ARB T fitting that the pressure sensor is hooked to. My question is why use the 1 m braided hose line with fittings, when a short line with 1/4” NPT ends would do the same thing? I’d still use some type of braided line for the short hose, but I don’t need the 90 degree bends....so why change to a different fitting. Let me know ur thoughts.

Sorry for not seeing this sooner. The ARB does NOT use NPT fittings. It uses JIC.

rkerr188

That's what I would do. The ARB compressor comes completely setup to do just that too :yup:

I just completed this install on my 2.0L, and don’t have the factory AUX switches. Any guidance on where to locate the ACC outlet and active dash light supply wires that are to connect to the ARB switch wiring loom?
Thank you!
Rick

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just completed this install on my 2.0L, and don’t have the factory AUX switches. Any guidance on where to locate the ACC outlet and active dash light supply wires that are to connect to the ARB switch wiring loom?
Thank you!
Rick

Sorry, I wish I could be of help here but without taking things apart, I can't say that I know.

EtherBunny

video link?

Thanks for a great option; I'll be looking into doing this as well.

Can someone point me in the direction of the video link?

Thanks!