WRITE-UP : WAYALIFE ACM - Jeep JL / JT Under the Hood ARB Air Compressor Mount

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome. On stand by. Looks like I will have a nice project when I get back from my SE Asia trip next month.

Awesome! :)

Perfect solution and nice work, eddie! As if Jeep left that space for a compressor[emoji2]

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

Well, I'm sure glad they left us something. Before starting this project, I was beginning to wonder :crazyeyes:

Great idea I'm going to have to get one of these.

Hope to have them available soon :)

dixonk

So as dumb as this may sound....what’s the significant difference between the single and the twin compressor (I realize it’s bigger). Eddie are you able to air up your tires in a reasonable amount of time and is there a comparison to the time vs the twin?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

From what I have read the single takes a little over 2-2.5 minutes per tire. The twin is a bit faster and does it in under 2 min per tire. The single works a lot harder and doesn't have the duty cycle that the twin has as well. But it is capable to inflate 4 tires and is more compact.

CalSgt

So as dumb as this may sound....what’s the significant difference between the single and the twin compressor (I realize it’s bigger). Eddie are you able to air up your tires in a reasonable amount of time and is there a comparison to the time vs the twin?

The output in Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM) is almost double with the twin and higher duty cycle...

From reviewing the spec sheets the single has a 50% duty cycle and the twin has a 100% duty cycle but does not specifically state that it is rated for constant duty nor does it give run time, pressure, or temperature impact on duty cycle.

Example of 50% duty cycle: run for 30 minutes then should be allowed to cool for 30 minutes to prevent burning it up

Example of constant duty: Run indefinitely at a certain pressure without cool down.

Both the single and twin have thermal protection which should shut the compressor down before they get too hot or burn up.

Duty cycle is more important when running tools or airing up pickup truck and trailer tires to 80+ PSI (especially when there are 10 tires or more to fill). If all it is ever used for is airing jeep tires up to 30 PSI and for air lockers the 50% duty cycle is more than enough.

ETA: When i bought my first quality compressor constant duty cycle up to 100 PSI was the selling factor for the Viair 450P, it has way lower CFM than the ARB twin but was half the price and came in a cary bag with 30 foot line and tire gun with gage. Before that I had a $75 slime unit rated at 150 PSI from Wallyworld, it was great for atv tires but the first time i tried to air up a trailer tire the air lines melted off of it before I got to 60 PSI.

Last edited:

dixonk

What about water crossings, will it be a problem if the air compressor goes under water?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

This is a copy and paste product description:

The unit is small enough to fit into tight spaces and quiet enough to mount inside the cab. It has enough output to air up four 35" - 37" tires in a single duty cycle and typically airs up a 35" tire in just over two minutes. It has been extensively tested inside ovens, freezers, underwater and in the silty dust of the Australian Simpson Desert and it continues to perform. Use it for airing up your tires; cleaning dusty components; or inflating camping gear.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's what the completed ACM looks like powder coated and with the hardware needed to get it installed.

20190404145803-52a46888-me.jpg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
WRITE-UP : WAYALIFE ACM - Jeep JL Wrangler Air Compressor Mount

Ordered. Olram30 method. Buy parts before Jeep. Now I can put it with my rear stinger, and wait on my JL order.

Last edited: