Pet Harnesses

YAHAHA

This year we're planning some door-off wheeling and we'd like to protect our cocker spaniel in the Jeep. For all of you Jeepers with pets that ride along, please let us know:
1) do you secure your pet to a seatbelt? Why or why not?
2) if you do, what do you use? There are a ton of products out there and we're looking for recommendations.

There are advantages to secure and not secure. Most of our wheeling is mild to medium difficulty wooded trails. We are planning a trip through the Rocky Mountains to the Grand canyon this year. We will have doors for this trip.

Thank you for your feedback based on your experience!

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

Mud Bug

For me and my bad dogs.. they would jump out of the Jeep given any opportunity so if they were with me, they would be buckled in. I would use a body harness clipped to a super short (like 2 or 3 foot) leash type thing that buckles into the seatbelt clip.

something like this.. but you find your preferred style/price range/style. https://www.amazon.com/PAWABOO-Safety-Harness-Adjustable-Suitable/dp/B01KNUM15S/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=pet+seatbelt&qid=1553797220&s=gateway&sr=8-7

But again, my dogs are naughty... I will probably be leaving them home 99% of the time.