Thread: JL JOURNAL : BACK ON TRACK - Rancho Adjustable Rear Track Bar Installation & Benefits

JL JOURNAL : BACK ON TRACK - Rancho Adjustable Rear Track Bar Installation & Benefits

Soon after installing our EVO rear track bar relocation bracket, I had a lot of guys ask why we chose to go with it over something like an adjustable rear track bar. And, the simple answer is, an adjustable track bar can only do one thing - recenter your axle. What it can't do is correct geometry, as in, make your track bar more level again like it was from the factory and by virtue of it, help improve your roll center. This is what a track bar relocation bracket is primarily designed to do and getting your axle centered again is more of a perk than anything. That being said, if you have more lift than the relocation bracket is designed for, your axle may still be off a bit at ride height. For most, it'll be far from enough to matter but when you have as much lift as we now have, getting it centered or even purposefully going off track a bit by shifting things over toward the driver side, can be helpful to prevent things like your your pinion flange or yoke from making contact with your gas tank at a full flex. In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see us do just that with the installation of our all new, Rancho rockGEAR adjustable rear track bar. We hope you find it to be informative.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
    If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

BUY Rancho rockGEAR Track BarS for your JL Wrangler
    Rancho RS62131 rockGEAR Suspension JL Wrangler Rear Track Bar
    https://amzn.to/2JqT52N

Rancho RS62128 rockGEAR Suspension JL Wrangler Front Track Bar
    https://amzn.to/2CuK9Dw

Thanks, great information. Now I want a new rear track bar that moves freely, hahahaha

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Last edited by GrayBeard; 03-25-2019 at 05:09 PM.
    2018 Jeep JLUR, Granite Crystal Metallic, Automatic, 2" Mopar Suspension Lift, 37x12x17 Toyo Open Country R/T Tires.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBeard View Post
    Thanks, great information. Now I want a new rear track bar that moves freely, hahahaha
    Truth be told, I've never really found the OE track bars on the JK to be an issue. In fact, I still run them on Moby. If anything, I've been leery of aftermarket track bars due to them having so many issues. That being said, this track bar seems to be much nicer than the factory JL one and I'm hoping the bushings will hold up long term.

Very informative. Loved seeing the bushing test in the vice. Cool seeing the difference.

Hooked
    What made you go Rancho vs something with a johnny joint?

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Very informative. Loved seeing the bushing test in the vice. Cool seeing the difference.
    Seeing thing like this really does help to explain a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse_01 View Post
    What made you go Rancho vs something with a johnny joint?
    It's new and something we've never run before. Just wanted to test it out.

Thatís a beefy looking track bar.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Supporting Advertiser
    Great video as usual!