BEEFING UP the STEERING : Synergy Tie-Rod / Drag Link & Stabilizer Relocation for JET

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
BEEFING UP the STEERING : Synergy Tie-Rod / Drag Link & Stabilizer Relocation for JET

In the process of hunting down a steering wobble we sometimes had, especially when it was cold out, we found that the tie-rod end on our drag link where it connects to the pitman arm, was in fact completely worn out. This was a bit surprising being that we only had 24,000 miles on the odometer but what are ya gonna do. Anyway, this was something we wanted to get fixed and after talking to our friends over at Synergy, they were kind enough to send us one of their heavy duty drag links, tie-rods and steering stabilzer relocation kits. Not so surprisingly, these components not only did a great job of tightening up our steering, it also did a great job of getting our steering stabilizer up and out harms way. Here are a few shots of what everything looks like out of the box and installed.

What everything looked like right out of the box.
20190325125408-fd18bbd9-me.jpg

Here's a comparison shot of the factory tie-rod next to our new Synergy one.
20190325125413-6585e44b-me.jpg

And a comparison of the drag links.
20190325125415-ef9f7696-me.jpg

Finally, some shots of what it all looks like installed.
20190325125426-f504489d-me.jpg

20190325125428-b92e721f-me.jpg

20190325125424-b9db90a2-me.jpg

Close up shot of the steering stabilizer relocation kit - nice to finally have this thing up and out of the way of rocks!
20190325125438-07a510ff-me.jpg

20190325125441-3208b674-me.jpg

Beef Up the Steering on your JL Wrangler
Synergy Jeep JL Heavy Duty Drag Link Kit
https://amzn.to/2WqaPNv

Synergy Jeep JL Heavy Duty Tie Rod
https://amzn.to/2Wq6aLE

Synergy Jeep JL Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit
https://amzn.to/2us4ll4

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Those look sweet. I literally just watched the video on your toe and saw the loose tie rod end on the drag link. Does the ss relocation kit only fit their tie rod or do they have a different part number for a factory tie rod? The gray looks like it would match my jeep. 🤤

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Those look sweet. I literally just watched the video on your toe and saw the loose tie rod end on the drag link. Does the ss relocation kit only fit their tie rod or do they have a different part number for a factory tie rod? The gray looks like it would match my jeep. 🤤

So far as I know, you can only run the relocation kit with their tie-rod. However, their tie-rod is a nice upgrade over the OE one and yes, I'll bet it'll go with your Jeep nicely :D

Looking good. Love this information as I too have the occasional steering shimmy, not death wobble. Keeping an eye on your upgrades to eliminate it. Thanks

We got more videos coming your way soon on all this :)

Rgk401

So far as I know, you can only run the relocation kit with their tie-rod. However, their tie-rod is a nice upgrade over the OE one and yes, I'll bet it'll go with your Jeep nicely :D

We got more videos coming your way soon on all this :)

Just a question? Is there a different tie-rod and drag link for the sport because of the different axle with?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just a question? Is there a different tie-rod and drag link for the sport because of the different axle with?

Nope, they are the same. You just need to set them to a different length and Synergy covers that in their instructions.

PIG

Synergy Representative
Supporter
Those look sweet. I literally just watched the video on your toe and saw the loose tie rod end on the drag link. Does the ss relocation kit only fit their tie rod or do they have a different part number for a factory tie rod? The gray looks like it would match my jeep. ��

Hey Olram, there are 2 different steering stabilizer relocation kits available. Part # 8807-03 is to be used with our (Synergy MFG.) tie rod.
The other part # 8807-04 is to be used with the factory tie rod. They are virtualy the same kits but just come with different clamp sizes.
Make sense...???

Stabilizer relocation Kits:
Synergy Stabilizer Kits

Tie rod kit:
Synergy HD Tie Rod Kit

Thanks for posting up WAYOFLIFE!!!!

NFRs2000NYC

Questions lol....

1) Is the tierod and draglink solid or hollow tubing?
2) Correct me if Im wrong, but isn't your stabilizer supposed to be nicely parallel with the tie rod? Yours *looks* slightly crooked, wont that effect performance slightly?
3) Is it safe to assume you have videos on the installation of these two coming? :)

Looks awesome however, very clean, and glad to hear you're happy with the performance.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Hey Olram, there are 2 different steering stabilizer relocation kits available. Part # 8807-03 is to be used with our (Synergy MFG.) tie rod.
The other part # 8807-04 is to be used with the factory tie rod. They are virtualy the same kits but just come with different clamp sizes.
Make sense...???

Stabilizer relocation Kits:
Synergy Stabilizer Kits

Tie rod kit:
Synergy HD Tie Rod Kit

Thanks for posting up WAYOFLIFE!!!!
Gotcha! Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
1) Is the tierod and draglink solid or hollow tubing?

Pretty sure it's solid (EDIT: I see WJCO answered this)

2) Correct me if Im wrong, but isn't your stabilizer supposed to be nicely parallel with the tie rod? Yours *looks* slightly crooked, wont that effect performance slightly?

"slightly crooked" is a far cry from being off enough to matter and a BIG IMPROVEMENT over getting smashed to shit and not working at all. The latter effects performance significantly. :crazyeyes:

3) Is it safe to assume you have videos on the installation of these two coming? :)

Yup. We've just got a back log of videos we need to get posted up first but it's coming. :yup:

AllJumpStyle

Synergy Representative
Supporter
Our previous JK drag link was made from 1-3/8" solid bar. We have since updated the JK drag link to 1-1/2" x .250 tubing. It gained strength from the increase in OD (not that it even needed to), where making it solid would have made it weigh a lot more without making it a better product. The larger tubing also allowed us to use the much larger forged pinch bolt adjusters like you can see in Eddie's pictures. We used the same process for the JL Drag Link and our coming track bars will be the same.

All the specs on our drag link and tie rod are in the product listings here:
Drag Link
Tie Rod

Looking forward to your video Eddie!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Our previous JK drag link was made from 1-3/8" solid bar. We have since updated the JK drag link to 1-1/2" x .250 tubing. It gained strength from the increase in OD (not that it even needed to), where making it solid would have made it weigh a lot more without making it a better product. The larger tubing also allowed us to use the much larger forged pinch bolt adjusters like you can see in Eddie's pictures. We used the same process for the JL Drag Link and our coming track bars will be the same.

Drag Link
Tie Rod

Great info, thanks for posting this up!

JTCO

Meme King

Drag Link
Tie Rod

Good info. Thanks.

Kaseym

Banned

Drag Link
Tie Rod

1.5” .250 wall dom?

JAGS

Great looking products. I just keep adding to piggy bank. But pretty soon i may need to add a second bank for the growing want list. [emoji51]