Does the JL have a prop behind the radiator?

Jeeeep

I've read other posts about how loud the JL fan gets but until today I didn't understand just how loud.

Today was an 80* day and holy shit!! the fan sounded like a prop on an ultralight hang glider.

Also, nothing like having a bunch of random people come to a stop, all turn and look in your direction at the same time :cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you have your AC on full blast, it'll roar. Try placing an order at a drive thru like that :cheesy:

Jeeeep

TSB #18-041-18 Rev B is out for loud fan noise...

good to know! :thumb:

Just read what the TSB cover and it pretty much covers all the issues I've been dealing with. Taking it the dealer in the morning.

Last edited:

Jeeeep

got the JL back from the dealer for the PCM flash on the loud fan, there's also TCM flash to follow-up the PCM flash then an ABS flash to follow-up the other two TSB's.

The idle is better and no surging but off the line response is slower, similar to the JK.

The AC doesn't blow as hard on level 7 anymore. When the fan was loud, tuning the AC down to 5 would quiet the fan. Now levels 1-3 blow the same so if level 3 is now level 1,then level 7 is level 5...good fix FCA :doh:

Actually miss the quicker pedal response and AC level 7. When it's 92*+ and humid as hell, the new level 7 sucks ass. My 2010 JK and 2015 JK both blow more air than the JL now :doh:

I'm hoping a tuner comes out that will help control those things

WizzBang

This explains why my 2019 hasn't had the loud fan like the 2018's did. I didn't realize they changed the calibration settings to reduce the noise. I started to hear a wheezing noise this weekend while driving and couldn't figure it out. I bet it was the fan kicking in (was on a long trip).

JAGS

For my JK I used to get notifications on these updates. For the JL, haven’t heard anything about them. Just happened to click this post. Thanks for sharing.