Teraflex 1.5 spacer lift

mbadgett

I just installed the Teraflex 1.5" spacer lift on my 18 JLUR. I couldnt find many pictures on the internet to go by. So I decided to post mine here. Lift was easy and took me about 3 hours. The hardest part was installing the back spacer bolts. They were a pain! I'll answer any questions anyone has. Love the lift! I also installed spudertrax 1.75" wheel spacers. I think the Jeep drives better than before.

IMG_0161.jpgIMG_0160.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbadgett

It's perfect. I've owned lots of Jeep's with crazy lifts and tires. Just ends up a Jeep I can't drive either because of gearing or handling. This lift is the best of both worlds.

Bear_JT

It's perfect. I've owned lots of Jeep's with crazy lifts and tires. Just ends up a Jeep I can't drive either because of gearing or handling. This lift is the best of both worlds.

Your Jeep looks good.
For people wanting to go bigger though, proper gearing and “handling” issues can all be sorted out quite easily and you’ll have a Jeep that handles and drives really well.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

mbadgett

Your Jeep looks good.
For people wanting to go bigger though, proper gearing and “handling” issues can all be sorted out quite easily and you’ll have a Jeep that handles and drives really well.

This is true. But all of my past Jeep's ended up being 70k dollar Jeep's that I could drive on the interstate. This build is for the everyday Jeep that still will end up costing 70k. Crazy!!!

mbadgett

No but after a few weeks of driving that's my next mod. I'm eyeing the falcon shocks. The stock shocks seem a bit spongie now.

aai

I just installed the Teraflex 1.5" spacer lift on my 18 JLUR. I couldnt find many pictures on the internet to go by. So I decided to post mine here. Lift was easy and took me about 3 hours. The hardest part was installing the back spacer bolts. They were a pain! I'll answer any questions anyone has. Love the lift! I also installed spudertrax 1.75" wheel spacers. I think the Jeep drives better than before.

View attachment 9939View attachment 9940

Looks good M!, we did the exact same kit on ours but with the shocks. Transformed the daily grind, less nose diving and wallowing around turns. As people have mentioned it will not be as plush as oem but I personally think its a good tradeoff to a more predictable daily driver. One thing I do want to mention per conversations with Teraflex the Falcon shock kit is 0-1.5" actually can be used up to a true 2" lift. If ever you want to go down the road to a taller lift eg. 2.5+ these Falcon shocks will not accept shock extensions since they are big bodied. Will not even work with Teraflex shock extensions, no biggie can just unload them used but just want to mention it.

abeggs

Seriously, what’s the point of a 1.5” lift? Doesn’t appear you put larger tires on therefore you’re not getting any extra ground clearance. 35’s fit just fine on a stock Ruby.

Allen B
2018 JLU- Rubicon- Firecracker Red

Napalm

Seriously, what’s the point of a 1.5” lift? Doesn’t appear you put larger tires on therefore you’re not getting any extra ground clearance. 35’s fit just fine on a stock Ruby.

Allen B

The only situation I’ve used the smaller kits in is trying to combat the front rake from a heavy winch and front bumper. That’s about all I’d use them for though unless I was gonna do tires.

Napalm

View attachment 9939View attachment 9940

Looks gooD! Nice!

abeggs

The only situation I’ve used the smaller kits in is trying to combat the front rake from a heavy winch and front bumper. That’s about all I’d use them for though unless I was gonna do tires.

Exactly. I ordered Teraflex .5 front level kit to keep level after adding Warn VR8000 S .

Allen B