33 tires 17 rims?

hbrhodes

I've got a stock 2 door Jeep JL Wrangler Sport. No a/c (later), and it has stock tires of 245/75 r17 (I think 17x9).

I know I can put 33" tires on my rims, but will they be good? I'm mainly going to do some dirt roads and off-road flat/ bumpy Earth trails. Would 18" rims be better? It's only an inch!

What benefit do wider tires have?

lé bntly

Rgk401

I've got a stock 2 door Jeep JL Wrangler Sport. No a/c (later), and it has stock tires of 245/75 r17 (I think 17x9).

I know I can put 33" tires on my rims, but will they be good? I'm mainly going to do some dirt roads and off-road flat/ bumpy Earth trails. Would 18" rims be better? It's only an inch!

What benefit do wider tires have?

lé bntly

33’s will do just fine. I have the 33 stock Jl rubicon setup on my Jl sport and it’s been okay for dirt and some small rock trails. And 18”s are cool but no one does 18’s. You can get a used like new set of 17’s for cheap. Stock tires that is. And as far as wider tires. Wide tires are better depending on the type of off road your doing. The widest Iv personally ever ran was 12.5. But there are some guys who run 13.5 up to 15.5. But back to the main question 33’s will be fine for your setup. IMG_4038.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Discount Tire

Advertiser
Supporter
As mentioned, 33-inch fits great. 285/70R-17 is a popular size and is approved for the O.E.M. 17x7.5" wheels.

There are a lot of solid options in this size to choose from so if we can help you select the right set for your needs please let us know :thumb:

Oso gris

2018 sahara

33’s will do just fine. I have the 33 stock Jl rubicon setup on my Jl sport and it’s been okay for dirt and some small rock trails. And 18”s are cool but no one does 18’s. You can get a used like new set of 17’s for cheap. Stock tires that is. And as far as wider tires. Wide tires are better depending on the type of off road your doing. The widest Iv personally ever ran was 12.5. But there are some guys who run 13.5 up to 15.5. But back to the main question 33’s will be fine for your setup. View attachment 9935

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Factory Rubicons come with 33" tires on 17" rims will it fit on my 2018 sahara? with out any changes

Oso gris

2018 sahara

Factory Rubicons come with 33" tires on 17" rims will it fit on my 2018 sahara? with out any changes