Thread: 33 tires 17 rims?

33 tires 17 rims?

I've got a stock 2 door Jeep JL Wrangler Sport. No a/c (later), and it has stock tires of 245/75 r17 (I think 17x9).

I know I can put 33" tires on my rims, but will they be good? I'm mainly going to do some dirt roads and off-road flat/ bumpy Earth trails. Would 18" rims be better? It's only an inch!

What benefit do wider tires have?

l bntly

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Factory Rubicons come with 33" tires on 17" rims. You'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by hbrhodes View Post
    I've got a stock 2 door Jeep JL Wrangler Sport. No a/c (later), and it has stock tires of 245/75 r17 (I think 17x9).

I know I can put 33" tires on my rims, but will they be good? I'm mainly going to do some dirt roads and off-road flat/ bumpy Earth trails. Would 18" rims be better? It's only an inch!

What benefit do wider tires have?

l bntly
    33s will do just fine. I have the 33 stock Jl rubicon setup on my Jl sport and its been okay for dirt and some small rock trails. And 18s are cool but no one does 18s. You can get a used like new set of 17s for cheap. Stock tires that is. And as far as wider tires. Wide tires are better depending on the type of off road your doing. The widest Iv personally ever ran was 12.5. But there are some guys who run 13.5 up to 15.5. But back to the main question 33s will be fine for your setup. IMG_4038.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

As mentioned, 33-inch fits great. 285/70R-17 is a popular size and is approved for the O.E.M. 17x7.5" wheels.

There are a lot of solid options in this size to choose from so if we can help you select the right set for your needs please let us know
    Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Useful Links:

Fresh Catch

2018 sahara

Quote Originally Posted by Rgk401 View Post
    33s will do just fine. I have the 33 stock Jl rubicon setup on my Jl sport and its been okay for dirt and some small rock trails. And 18s are cool but no one does 18s. You can get a used like new set of 17s for cheap. Stock tires that is. And as far as wider tires. Wide tires are better depending on the type of off road your doing. The widest Iv personally ever ran was 12.5. But there are some guys who run 13.5 up to 15.5. But back to the main question 33s will be fine for your setup. IMG_4038.jpg

Factory Rubicons come with 33" tires on 17" rims will it fit on my 2018 sahara? with out any changes

Fresh Catch

2018 sahara

Factory Rubicons come with 33" tires on 17" rims will it fit on my 2018 sahara? with out any changes

Quote Originally Posted by Oso gris View Post
    Yes, a take off set of rubicon wheels/tires will bolt right up to your Sahara!