Random warning lights

Jesse_01

So I was having random Powertrain warning lights on my dash.

Then on Monday Pregnant wife was on her way home from yoga & all of a sudden the Jeep died on side of the road. Fuel tank read half, but the engine was acting like it had no fuel. Put a 20L Jerry can into the Jeep & it fired right up. Headed to a gas station asap & was able to put 60L in.

So come this weekend I dig into it. I follow the powertrain & fuel tank wires here. IMG_3227.jpg

Open it up to check it & I see IMG_3228.jpgIMG_3229.jpg

Figured there was no point in replacing the pin & putting it back together. It had already failed once before.

Solution
IMG_0714.jpg
IMG_3236.jpg

No more warning lights & fuel gauge finally moved from half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mud Bug

That does not look pretty. The corrosion looks like when I had a AA battery leak/explode in a drawer in the garage, once. You did a good job patching it up, I think... ( I do not know about electrical and never mess with it, myself).

Jeeeep

looks like the plug wasn't completely seated from the factory.

that sucks, but good to know where to look just in case.

Jesse_01

They started using a calcium & agressive salt mixture on the roads last winter. All the Johnny Joints are nasty too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NFRs2000NYC

Looks like a macbook pro after a drop of water hits it. (sorry for the inside nerd joke lol.). Yea that's definitely not normal, obviously a bad connector. Glad you were able to fix it, and congrats on the upcoming carseat installation!