New JL purchase - Any suggestions?

WizzBang

I just put some money down to hold a 2019 JL Sport, 3.6, Hard Top, Tow Package, and Limited Slip Rear. I should pick it up next week. The only option this jeep has that I didn't want is Sirius XM. Before I sign the papers, can the dealer take this off? Is it a hardware upgrade from the base radio or is it just a subscription?

Mud Bug

I don't *think* it is an upgrade in the stereo system... looks like standard is a 5" screen, and you are paying for just the subscription. They can probably take that off, but not 100% positive on that. To me it seems like it would be the same as if you cancelled your subscription... not like they would come and take away/downgrade your radio.

That being said, I love my SiriusXM.

WizzBang

Thanks for the replies. I'm wondering if the cost is for the Sat-Radio interface and if it can't easily be removed. I'll ask about it before I sign anything and let everyone know how it goes.

13_gecko_rubi

I don't *think* it is an upgrade in the stereo system... looks like standard is a 5" screen, and you are paying for just the subscription. They can probably take that off, but not 100% positive on that. To me it seems like it would be the same as if you cancelled your subscription... not like they would come and take away/downgrade your radio.

That being said, I love my SiriusXM.
No, it is an upgrade. The 5" radios by default don't come with it and don't have the chip inside. The $295 is for the radio with the chip, antenna, wiring, and subscription for a year.

The dealer cannot "remove" it. I mean they can but you are still gonna pay the $295 as they paid that already when they bought the vehicle. See if they'll boost that out as part of price, if not, is Sirius XM really a deal breaker?

Sent via....

WizzBang

Here's a picture of my new baby. It's pretty basic- 3.6, Hard Top, Limited Slip, Tow and Electrical Package, and SeriusXM (which I actually might grow to like).

Let the Midlife crisis begin. I'm going to pace myself on the build up as the wife was pretty good to even let me buy this right now.

Jeep.jpg

I feel I got a decent price but there was a $300 add on for some Wisconsin processing fees that the dealer had to charge (Even though I was from IA). Anyone else run into fee's like this when you get to the finance guy? We got the payment down to $480 for 60mo so that leaves a bit of room for mods once the savings account recovers a bit.

GrayBeard

It should be free/no cost to you for one year. I think its a gimmick that they show you what it cost if you purchase it. Even though they say its free, if its on the window sticker, its figured into the factory pricing[emoji852], nothing is free these days. I made them subtract the price on mine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Mud Bug

No, it is an upgrade. The 5" radios by default don't come with it and don't have the chip inside. The $295 is for the radio with the chip, antenna, wiring, and subscription for a year.

The dealer cannot "remove" it. I mean they can but you are still gonna pay the $295 as they paid that already when they bought the vehicle. See if they'll boost that out as part of price, if not, is Sirius XM really a deal breaker?

Sent via....

Thanks Gecko :) I wasn't sure.

But really, I wouldn't think the $300 would be a deal breaker for me. I do love my Sirius.

Mud Bug

Here's a picture of my new baby. It's pretty basic- 3.6, Hard Top, Limited Slip, Tow and Electrical Package, and SeriusXM (which I actually might grow to like).

Let the Midlife crisis begin. I'm going to pace myself on the build up as the wife was pretty good to even let me buy this right now.

View attachment 10095

I feel I got a decent price but there was a $300 add on for some Wisconsin processing fees that the dealer had to charge (Even though I was from IA). Anyone else run into fee's like this when you get to the finance guy? We got the payment down to $480 for 60mo so that leaves a bit of room for mods once the savings account recovers a bit.

Lol Midlife crisis.... if you were dying your hair mermaid green and blue, getting implants in questionable places, and hanging out at the clubs, trying to hook up with 21 year olds.. I would possibly think it was a midlife crisis. This is a Jeep, it's just awesomeness. As for the fees.. we bought a 2018 JKU for our daughter. They were tacking on like an $800 fee "for the dealership owner".. for no reason other than he owns the place. Hell no. They also said there was a $1500 "certification fee" to examine the Jeep and certify that it was pre owned. Uhh.. we know we are buying a used jeep (a 2018 Sahara with just under 17,000 miles on it), we don't want/need that certification so take it off. They said, but we already certified it. Well, I don't want to pay it, and yes.. I drove 4 hours from Delaware to Virginia to look at this Jeep...and I will walk away for this $2400. We were not financing so that is $2400 out of pocket I did not want to pay. They took both those "fees" off. And they looked really mad when I did not buy a service contract since Jeep Wave was giving me one for free :p Oh well.