Rubicon locker switch for a nonrubicon

Rgk401

You all think Mopar is going to offer a locker switch like the one on the rubi for a sport or Sahara. You can add the auxiliary switches why not do the same for a locker switch?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I think if you do that with the factory switches on a non rubicon you will get a dash full of light. It’s best to get a aftermarket switch pod set. I went through the same situation on my Jk.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Monarch490

You maybe right but it seems like they made this Jeep to be more customizable. I’m going to buy the auxiliary switches from Mopar and they just have to reflash the computer or I can buy a jltazer to make it work

Last edited:

Rgk401

You maybe right but it seems like they made this Jeep to be more customizable. I’m going to buy the auxiliary switches from Mopar and they just have to reflash the computer or I can buy a jltazer to make it work

Yes the mopar switches will work. I think if I’m not mistaking that you will have to take the Jeep back to the dealership to make them work. As far as using them to operate the lockers,that will work. I don’t think you will have a lock icon on the dash but your lockers should work. On the jlx Mel hooked his front and rear lockers up to the factory mopar auxiliary switch and it worked fine.. according to the video.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes the mopar switches will work. I think if I’m not mistaking that you will have to take the Jeep back to the dealership to make them work. As far as using them to operate the lockers,that will work. I don’t think you will have a lock icon on the dash but your lockers should work. On the jlx Mel hooked his front and rear lockers up to the factory mopar auxiliary switch and it worked fine.. according to the video.

Yup, this is pretty accurate. You can make them work and we did on the JLX :yup:

13_gecko_rubi

You won't be able to run the factory locker switch in a non Rubicon. The DTCM in a Rubicon is different. Just get aux switches or some other switch system. Mopar makes the harnesses to wire the locker to any switch, it only has the + & - signals, not the feedback signal. They are about $60 each. It's worth it to buy as you'll have a hell of a time finding the connector otherwise. I got them for my Sport with Rubicon axles in it.

Sent via....

Fhammadi

I found a connecter on the back of the center console cubby in my JLU sport which matches the connector on my friends' JLUR. Seems like the harness is generic for all JLs but im not sure about needing to pin/re-pin connections somewhere along the harness.

Anyone noticed a plug on the back of the center console not connected to anything or is it just me ?