Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: JL JOURNAL : A BAD VIBE - Tracking Down & Fixing Driveshaft Vibrations

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Sorry, didn't mean it like that. I've just had guys on YouTube getting their panties in a twist over this video and saying that I was some how obligated to contact this company and just wanted to clarify my position here as well.

Were you running a 1310 shaft?
    Yes, stock axles. I should've had 1350 as the 1310 is actually weaker a bit than stock.
    It could be an aberration.... Like maybe they skipped a step on yours but the ones I ran on my JK didn't have and weights on them either. I guess the only way we could know if this is there practice is if I buy a set and see if there balanced?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Deezus; 03-27-2019 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
    Yes, stock axles. I should've had 1350 as the 1310 is actually weaker a bit than stock.
    It could be an aberration.... Like maybe they skipped a step on yours but the ones I ran on my JK didn't have and weights on them either. I guess the only way we could know if this is there practice is if I buy a set and see if there balanced?

To be fair, a 1310 is pretty weak as you've come to realize. Way early on, back in 2007, we tried running a 1310 on our JK and found out in short order that it wasn't up to the task. Ended up breaking a rear output shaft yoke. Since that time, we've seen plenty of others break as well and it is the reason why I only recommend 1350. That being said, I'm always surprised that name brand shops make or even push 1310's for a JK at all.

To be fair, a 1310 is pretty weak as you've come to realize. Way early on, back in 2007, we tried running a 1310 on our JK and found out in short order that it wasn't up to the task. Ended up breaking a rear output shaft yoke. Since that time, we've seen plenty of others break as well and it is the reason why I only recommend 1350. That being said, I'm always surprised that name brand shops make or even push 1310's for a JK at all.
    Yea, it doesn't make sense to go with a 1310 at all. What local place did you take your shafts too?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
    Yea, it doesn't make sense to go with a 1310 at all. What local place did you take your shafts too?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Place in Reno http://www.drivelineandgear.com

Thanks.

It's been a few years but these guys have done two drive shafts for my old chevy pickup in the past, always fast turnaround and decent price.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234