EVO BOMBER Rocker Guards w/ Skins for JET

CalSgt

Only problem with paying someone is that you may not get a wrench monkey that is as nervous as you. It's the fear of screwing up that always helps me get them on right.

This... and just because someone turns a wrench for a living doesn't mean they aren't a total hack

ubbb69

Eddie, do you notice any harshness of ride with these mounted to the body and also the frame? It negates what the body mount was designed to do to a point. What would you say is the weight of the sliders, skins in total? Thanks for taking the time to post this.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, do you notice any harshness of ride with these mounted to the body and also the frame? It negates what the body mount was designed to do to a point. What would you say is the weight of the sliders, skins in total? Thanks for taking the time to post this.

There is no harshness in ride as they are NOT mounted to the frame. Like the JK before, the JL body mounts are isolators and the rocker guards are secured to the base of them. This allows the rocker guards to move with the body. Not sure what the total weight is but if I had to guess, maybe in the neighborhood of 100 lbs.

ubbb69

There is no harshness in ride as they are NOT mounted to the frame. Like the JK before, the JL body mounts are isolators and the rocker guards are secured to the base of them. This allows the rocker guards to move with the body. Not sure what the total weight is but if I had to guess, maybe in the neighborhood of 100 lbs.

Thank you!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just saw the video on youtube. I am curious as to why you used red loctite vs RTV on the nutserts? thanks

I dunno, guess it's just something I've been doing for well over 20 years and it's always worked great at keeping the nutserts from spinning in the body.

SSTuner

Excellent video, again. Yes I did cringe when you drilled the first hole with the long step bit and you "hit" something in the cavity. My recommendation is to find some "KBS Coatings 75101 Cavity Coater And Wand" or equivalent. Remove those bolts that go thru the nutserts and spray it inside for an extra rust prevention. Again, great video.