Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EVO BOMBER Rocker Guards w/ Skins for JET

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    While we were happy with the rocker guards that we had been testing out on our JL Wrangler for the better part of a year, Cindy and I felt that it was time to test out something new. Needless to say, we contacted our good friends over at EVO and got hooked up with a set of their Bomber Rocker Guards and complete with skins. Now, I should note that it'd been a long time since we've run anything but frame mounted rocker guards and mainly because we've had such little faith in the thin skin of the JK and even thinner one on the JL. However, there are definitely benefits to a body mounted rocker guard and that's the increased ground clearance you get from them. In any case, we decided to give these a try and here are a few shots of what they look like installed.

BUY EVO Bomber Rockers for your JL Wrangler
    EVO MFG Bomber Rockers w/ ROCKSKINS - JL Wrangler Unlimited
    https://amzn.to/2OhfM8w
    I got them from bodygaurd bumpers but dont have the nerve to drill holes because I know it wont line up. So I didnt bother putting it on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Eddie, i just noticed but what are you using as center caps for those wheels? i know that the XD231's don't come with anything.

Cool things, looks good. The bolts on the skins were my choice, too, I like that look. What I dont like is the hex bolts underneath......wasnt there a way to form the steel to sink them, Evo?
    Now i notice that black fenders match skins much better than (in this case white) body colour fenders, IMO. Anyway, respect for the courage to drill

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
    Mr.Giant - '92 YJ, Flat Black
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR, Bright White

Looking good!

Looks good, eager to hear how they do

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 Jeep JLUR, Granite Crystal Metallic, Automatic, 2" Mopar Suspension Lift, 37x12x17 Toyo Open Country R/T Tires.

Quote Originally Posted by anotheraznguy View Post
    Eddie, i just noticed but what are you using as center caps for those wheels? i know that the XD231's don't come with anything.
    LOL!! Been meaning to do a video on this but this is what you'll want to get https://amzn.to/2uq2GwG

Quote Originally Posted by MrGiant View Post
    Cool things, looks good. The bolts on the skins were my choice, too, I like that look. What I dont like is the hex bolts underneath......wasnt there a way to form the steel to sink them, Evo?
    Now i notice that black fenders match skins much better than (in this case white) body colour fenders, IMO. Anyway, respect for the courage to drill

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
    LOL!! We're already thinking about swapping out our fenders for a set of black ones and just because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by tchmotorsports View Post
    Looking good!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBeard View Post
    Looks good, eager to hear how they do
    Well, we'll be sure to report back. Hoping they're up to the task

To the fenders.....my plan in case I didnt like the white ones was to vinyl them flat black, easy, cheap, removable
    Fortunately I like mine as they are. So the pics got me to the point that I dont want skins on my JL

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
    Mr.Giant - '92 YJ, Flat Black
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR, Bright White

Fresh Catch
    Id be so nervous with the nutserts I think this is the first install Id pay for

Quote Originally Posted by OBJLU View Post
    Id be so nervous with the nutserts I think this is the first install Id pay for
    Only problem with paying someone is that you may not get a wrench monkey that is as nervous as you. It's the fear of screwing up that always helps me get them on right.

I definitely prefer to work on my own Jeep. As it is, it's nearly killing me to have somebody weld the LA brackets on (I don't know how to weld). It is the reason why all my JK mods were strictly bolt on. The only persons (other than myself) that I would allow to install nutserts would be the manufacturer, in this case EVO.
    Last edited by doubletapdaddy; 03-23-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast