Check Gas Cap Light

wibornz

So I keep getting a warning to check the gas cap. The gas cap is on and I did ensure that it clicked when I tightened it. I have cleared the code with the Tazer a few times and it keeps coming back. Any suggestions as to what is going on. I know I can take it to the dealer, but I just don't want to unmarry the Tazer, for something that may be a quick fix. Plus, my local dealer is not the greatest when it comes to repair. For instance, the latch on the center counsel was broke, they ordered a whole new lid for it. I waited about a week, pulled the little cover off the latch put the rod back in place a touch of glue to fix it. It took me about 5 minutes. I waited 3 hours at the dealership for them to fix the latch to be sent away with a broken latch. So if it is something quick and simple I would like to save myself some hassle.

Big Thanks in advance.

JTCO

Meme King
So I keep getting a warning to check the gas cap. The gas cap is on and I did ensure that it clicked when I tightened it. I have cleared the code with the Tazer a few times and it keeps coming back. Any suggestions as to what is going on. I know I can take it to the dealer, but I just don't want to unmarry the Tazer, for something that may be a quick fix. Plus, my local dealer is not the greatest when it comes to repair. For instance, the latch on the center counsel was broke, they ordered a whole new lid for it. I waited about a week, pulled the little cover off the latch put the rod back in place a touch of glue to fix it. It took me about 5 minutes. I waited 3 hours at the dealership for them to fix the latch to be sent away with a broken latch. So if it is something quick and simple I would like to save myself some hassle.

Big Thanks in advance.

Is the code a P0456?

Make sure the filler nozzle is clean. If it's a traditional gas cap, put a tiny bit of Vaseline on the seal, sometimes that'll do the trick.

It would be abnormal to have a bad cap on this new of a vehicle, but it could be.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is the code a P0456?

Make sure the filler nozzle is clean. If it's a traditional gas cap, put a tiny bit of Vaseline on the seal, sometimes that'll do the trick.

It would be abnormal to have a bad cap on this new of a vehicle, but it could be.

Agreed with this ^^^^^

Sometimes, you can even put chapstick on the gasket or o-ring and that'll do the trick but it would seem strange that it'd be leaking so early on. If it persists, I would take your Jeep to the dealership being that you could have a leak at the EVAP and it's kind of a pain to reach now.... in a good way. :crazyeyes: Also, emissions is definitely covered under warranty.