Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Choosing wheels and lift kit?

  1. #11
    I just put the EVO 2.5" lift on.
    Tires are 37-13.50-17 Toyos on factory wheels with 1-5/8" spacers.

    No rubbing in the front, very minor in the rear, on the inner fender. A heat gun will fix it up if it bothers you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    His: 2015 JKUR

    Hers: 2018 JLUR

  2. #12
    Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    671
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Tell me more, I'm heavily leaning towards an Evo kit.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    I'll send you a PM if you're interested.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  3. #13
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdofmemi View Post
    I just put the EVO 2.5" lift on.
    Tires are 37-13.50-17 Toyos on factory wheels with 1-5/8" spacers.

    No rubbing in the front, very minor in the rear, on the inner fender. A heat gun will fix it up if it bothers you.
    Thanks for sharing! That's pretty much the setup I'm looking at. That's a great looking Jeep too!

  4. #14
    Suspension or body

    Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubiman_JL View Post
    Suspension or body

    Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Never a body lift on a Jeep , IMHO

    as seen above, plenty of room for 37's with that small of lift.
    If you want bigger tires, pull the inner fenders and 40's fit
    His: 2015 JKUR

    Hers: 2018 JLUR

  6. #16
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdofmemi View Post
    Never a body lift on a Jeep , IMHO

    as seen above, plenty of room for 37's with that small of lift.
    If you want bigger tires, pull the inner fenders and 40's fit
    Ordered my Evo enforcer 2.5" stage 3 lift today... Too bad I'll be running around on the stock 33's until I can save up enough for new wheels and tires.

    Thanks for the post and pictures.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  7. #17
    Been Around the Block dixonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Edmond, OK
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Ordered my Evo enforcer 2.5" stage 3 lift today... Too bad I'll be running around on the stock 33's until I can save up enough for new wheels and tires.

    Thanks for the post and pictures.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    I will have my EVO 2.5 stage 4 wrapped up tomorrow. Whatever you do...donít get a jack and see what your Jeep will look like 2.5Ē higher with stock wheels and tires. It will cost you, donít ask me how I know.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JLUR Sting Gray

  8. #18
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    17
    Couple of follow up questions for the group.

    How often should you grease the Johnny Joints?

    At least on the front lower control arms, how do you get to the zerk nipples since they're somewhat covered by the bracket? Can you use a specific firing for the grease gun or so you have to drop the control arm?

    Sent from my SM-G965U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  9. #19
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Mom's Basement
    Posts
    3,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post

    How often should you grease the Johnny Joints?
    I grease mine about every oil change.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post

    At least on the front lower control arms, how do you get to the zerk nipples since they're somewhat covered by the bracket? Can you use a specific firing for the grease gun or so you have to drop the control arm?
    If the JL is like the JK, there may be a hole in the bracket, see this thread:

    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...asing-Solution

    Also there are several fittings for grease guns. Those may work as well.

  10. #20
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I grease mine about every oil change.



    If the JL is like the JK, there may be a hole in the bracket, see this thread:

    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...asing-Solution

    Also there are several fittings for grease guns. Those may work as well.
    Thanks! I'm new to Jeeps and especially to greasing Johnny joints. I did find a couple 90į grease fittings so I can give those a try too as i didn't see/feel a hole that lined up with the nipple.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Last edited by Lurker; 05-11-2019 at 07:35 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •